• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I need a good TV series to binge watch. Any suggestions?

DB24

He is a good dude and I loved Honey I Shrunk the Kids when I was a kid.  I just think that Battlestar Galactica has the most ridiculous special effects, I can't watch it.  It is like b movie horror flick special effects in a sci fi/fantasy show.

Good question with so many possibilities.  Of course, it depends on your age and interests.

Miami Vice, Seasons 1-3 is a no brainer, especially Seasons 1-2.  PM me for episode list of cherished episodes.

I went to an Angel game last week with a hardcore Angel fan who told me he watches the entire set of The West Wing about every two years.  I like the show but the 'walk and talk' dialogue delivery kinda drives me nuts.  Feels like the writers do their writing to show what great writers they can be when you wish the characters would sometimes just talk English.

If you can get through the accents and the slang, I highly recommend the English version of The Office (only two short seasons).

Otherwise, the usual hits:  Sopranos, Dexter (gets a little outrageous, but still keeps your interest), Mad Men, and of course, Breaking Bad which is almost as good as Miami Vice.  Just no soundtrack or pastels.

There were better special effects in The Wrath of Kahn.

It's a TV series, not a motion picture. What made Battlestar Galactica a great show wasn't the explosions, spaceships, etc. It was a great political drama that just happened to be set in space. Take Game of Thrones for example (which has some terrible effects at times by the by), it's similar in nature - what makes Game of Thrones great isn't the dragons, sword fights, etc. etc...but it's a great story and drama.

It's a TV series, not a motion picture. What made Battlestar Galactica a great show wasn't the explosions, spaceships, etc. It was a great political drama that just happened to be set in space. Take Game of Thrones for example (which has some terrible effects at times by the by), it's similar in nature - what makes Game of Thrones great isn't the dragons, sword fights, etc. etc...but it's a great story and drama.

Absolutely. They were perfectly adequate for the show and served to advance the story. It's an outstanding series.

A film that came out 20 years earlier.

If GoT had BG style special effects I wouldn't watch that either.

Yeah, I don't get the special fx hang up. That's the last thing I care about. If a shit movie has the best special fx in the world it's still a shit movie.

I need to get over the mental hurdle that Battlestar is a fantasy/sci-fy show to watch it.

Story is always the most important.  But watching people fight paper mache aliens is tough.

I can enjoy sci-fi/fantasy but only when you get immersed in the world.  Hard to do when the special effects are crappy.