• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I need a good TV series to binge watch. Any suggestions?

DB24

I still never watched the last six episodes.  As blasphemous as that is.

I have binge watched it so many times, including when it came out.  Now I always stop at the episodes where he got shot in the stomach and the weird ass California dream scenes are happening.

Going to binge through the Sopranos again. I picked up the complete series on blu ray from Amazon UK. About $100 cheaper than the set that is going to be released in the USA. 3 episodes in to the series, I forgot how skinny Tony looked compared to the end of the series.

nice, but now tony soprano is going to have a british accent. if that's okay with you, fire away.

Tons of great shows have been listed already, but I'll throw some love to one of my favorites.  

Veronica Mars

Veronica-Mars-catchup-01.jpg

It stars a young Kristen Bell playing a high school student with a gift for solving mysteries. 

She was in a couple episodes of Deadwood also. Her role was... memorable. She fed some of Wu's pigs.

I'll also mention Northern Exposure. Really good show from a long time ago. The first two season of Alias were very fun too.

Ok, so a lot of us have talked about it and the general impression I'm getting is stop at season four of Sons of Anarchy (if you start it).

Naw, the problem is two of the seasons are wack...I think 5 was good. Problem is they ran the show too long.

The show would be awesome condensed or as a mini series....it's repetitive in the long run.

I wouldn't recommend it unless someone has watched all the quality shows and is looking for something. It's not bad, just not great. There are moments of brilliance to keep you on board, but towards the end though moments don't equate to putting in 7 seasons or whatever it is.

Going to binge through the Sopranos again. I picked up the complete series on blu ray from Amazon UK. About $100 cheaper than the set that is going to be released in the USA. 3 episodes in to the series, I forgot how skinny Tony looked compared to the end of the series.

I recently watched the series straight through for the first time, in quick succession.  I was genuinely alarmed at Gandolfini's labored breathing in the last few seasons.  I wondered if it was something he did to add to his character.  Sadly, I don't think that was the case.

3 pages and yet no mention of Deadwood.

What a shame.

Was just going to mention this, didn't know if anyone had. Though to be fair, I'm not sure if I'd want to get into it knowing full well the entire series ended on a cliff hanger. Deadwood, save for the Sopranos, was the greatest television show to ever exist. The wide array of interesting characters is comparable to no other show, you just kept coming back for more, and it wasn't particularly gripping or shocking in any manner, it was just great tv. 

Also:

Carnivale. Beware, like Deadwood, it has no ending, though doesn't leave you on a cliffhanger. 

Rome. First season was great, second was eh. 

Yeah, I have had Deadwood on my list for a while. I think it's time.

I've watched the first 10 episodes of Boardwalk Empire when it came out, but never followed up. Think I'll throw that in there since it's ending and I can binge it all.

The Shield has been on my list for awhile, too. Same with Oz, which I don't see anyone ever mention so I am unsure.

I'm pretty sure I'm done with Boss and see why it was cancelled.

Anyone watch Hell on Wheels? I thought ii was taping it on saturday but it didn't. I checked my future recordings and its not on this saturday either. Did they cancel the show like the rumors from last year?

I don't think they canceled it.

Next episode is sch. 11-08-2014

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_on_Wheels_(season_4)#Episodes

Edited by DB24

Watched the first two seasons of Hell on Wheels. I like it, but it's kind of slow......probably more what JAHV is talking about with regards to non-main characters. I felt like I watched a whole season and only 1 or 2 main things happened. I haven't been inspired to watch the new season but will, it's not bad.....it's on that 2nd or 3rd tier of shows, the Boardwalk Empire/Sons of Anarchy tier.

Something that didn't have me jump to watch again is the show really changed direction from when it starts to how it plays out the two seasons. I don't remember the specifics, but I think the show runner has been replaced or they have a new writer for the show which mentioned something about getting it back on track to where the show started. If I remember correctly the shows premise and synopsis listed is something along the lines of a Yankee soldier from the South that has his family slaughtered by Confederate troops and is out for revenge during the inception of the Continental Railroad. Something like that.

It's good. I'd recommend it if you already ran through all the top tier shows or are looking for something new to watch.