• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can the ANGELS sweep the major awards?

JoJo26

One of the "reasons" Mike Trout did not win MVP was because he wasn't on a playoff team - whereas the Tigers were.

So, in 2014...what can't this happen:

The Angels have clinched a playoff birth...so lets look at facts -

MVP

TROUT - .291 34 HRs,  and league leading 107 RBI, 108 runs scored

Cy Young

WEAVER - 17-8, 3.50 ERA...and his team has best record in all of baseball

Rookie Of The Year

SHOEMAKER - 16-4, 3.04 ERA

Who else can challenge these three players for awards? 

anyone.jpg

Remember when Hernandez won the Cy Young with 13 victories and the voters gave him a pass on wins because of how pathetic his team was?

Chris Sale has been better than Hernandez this year and is on a crappy team but just doesn't have the innings pitched to sway the voters. It's is kind of too bad he is putting in a career year for a disaster of a team because the award was his to take this season.

Edited by Eric Notti

Felix has 14 wins...and he doesn't even have the lowest ERA...and his team will finish 3rd.

Can't see how he can win it over Weaver...especially if he gets 19 wins...

Shoemaker and even Richards might finish with more votes than Weaver. Wins...lol, what is this, 2005?

I wonder if the guy with the most wins won the 2005 AL Cy Young.

Seriously though, Weave might get a couple of top 10 votes.

Doesn't mean I don't want him on the mound in crucial October games, just that pitching is at such a high level in 2014 that a 3.50 ERA won't cut it in balloting.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I wonder if the guy with the most wins won the 2005 AL Cy Young.

Seriously though, Weave might get a couple of top 10 votes.

He did! It was Bartolo Colon, who I voted for. I look back now and realize I should have voted for someone else. I forget who. Maybe Pedro Martinez?

And there are only 5 spots on the Cy Young ballot.

Pitchers who I believe will likely finish ahead of Weaver in voting:

Felix Hernandez

Chris Sale

Jon Lester

Corey Kluber

Garrett Richards (might still get more votes than Weaver)

And possibly Max Scherzer, Sonny Gray and James Shields as well.

Even other pitchers like Dallas Keuchel and Collin McHugh from the Astros are having pretty solid years. 

They should get consideration, but they wont win.

The fishwrap hacks have already given the Cy to Felix, when it should go to Sale, or neither considering team performance was used against Trout when it was convenient but i digress.

They gave the ROY to Abreu about 2 months ago, reviving once again the definition of rookie, but again its moot.

Heck they are desperately trying to find someone other than Trout to give the MVP too, im not sure he will even win that at his point.