• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So is Scioscia good again?

Ok so you don't have an answer, that was fun.

I don't need to answer you. You know as well as anyone the dilemma of carrying non-contributors on the roster. Your sarcasm is noted but it appears to prefer Freese and Conger's play.

That's cute. It's all good when you win. When Conger races to the mound and throws it into the stands in a game that matters will it still be as cute?

I don't need to answer you. You know as well as anyone the dilemma of carrying non-contributors on the roster. Your sarcasm is noted but it appears to prefer Freese and Conger's play.

That's cute. It's all good when you win. When Conger races to the mound and throws it into the stands in a game that matters will it still be as cute?

You do understand that their are managers and their are general managers, right? The manager fills out the line up card with players that the general manager acquires for the manager to be successful. So, once again, who should be starting at third base and who should start at catcher when Ianetta gets a couple days off a week? As far as your comment about me preferring those two play, well they beat the alternative of not having a catcher play catcher and like it or not Freese is our best all around 3rd baseman on this roster, which isn't great, but it is the truth. I'm sure you're pumped at the idea of McDonald starting every game at third. Or maybe we should start Cowgill at catcher on Ianetta's days off.

Still one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen here was last year when people with no clubhouse access wanted him fired because they thought he didn't motivate people and had dumb post game quotes.

Last year, this year, every year since 2009.   I've never understood why people get so riled up over his post game non-comments.  MS is the guy you take to LV when you want someone to enjoy doing bad things with and don't wan't anyone else to ever find out about it.

Guy just doesn't reveal anything.

Last year, this year, every year since 2009. I've never understood why people get so riled up over his post game non-comments. MS is the guy you take to LV when you want someone to enjoy doing bad things with and don't wan't anyone else to ever find out about it.

Guy just doesn't reveal anything.

The people that get upset are the people who want simple solutions to complex issues or they just want to place the blame on one person.

Which sarcastic response should I use here? Forget I'll just ask you the obvious question, who should be starting in their place that is currently on the team. Now remember you can't say Ianetta because everyone knows catchers need a couple days off a week.

Without a third (or at least different) catcher on the roster not much Scioscia can do. If we weren't last in line on the waiver wire it would have been good to pick up Soto as a backup catcher and use Iannetta at DH some days

Edited by ScottLux

The bountiful contributions of Freese and Conger speak for themselves.

Conger stole 12 strikes last night.

I understand that people may be skeptical or angsty after having to endure years of Lyle Spencer propaganda*, but this really is a measurable and repeatable stat that can represent real value. (+18 runs in this case). *Mathis, while above average, has never been among the best pitch framers.

Still one of the dumbest threads I've ever seen here was last year when people with no clubhouse access wanted him fired because they thought he didn't motivate people and had dumb post game quotes.

In New York, Boston, or Philly Scioscia would have been fired a couple years ago based on his teams consistently missing the playoffs despite high payrolls, and he never would have gotten that 10 year deal in the first place.  Scioscia had a very long leash based on the laid back market he manages in, Orange County, to be able to stick around long enough to see the team make the playoffs again after nearly 5 years.  The Angels doing well this year isn't an 'eating crow' deal for anybody regarding Scioscia.  This team was crap for 4 years, and now they're great again.

Sosh has skills and flaws. The flaws are maddening. He isn't any better or worse of a manager today than he was last year. Nothing has changed except players are performing. He shouldn't get the bulk of the credit or blame for their success or lack there of.

Back to the Sciocia cricle jerk.

You do understand that their are managers and their are general managers, right? The manager fills out the line up card with players that the general manager acquires for the manager to be successful. So, once again, who should be starting at third base and who should start at catcher when Ianetta gets a couple days off a week? As far as your comment about me preferring those two play, well they beat the alternative of not having a catcher play catcher and like it or not Freese is our best all around 3rd baseman on this roster, which isn't great, but it is the truth. I'm sure you're pumped at the idea of McDonald starting every game at third. Or maybe we should start Cowgill at catcher on Ianetta's days off.

If you stuff your argument with enough straw it resembles a man.

So you haven't read the thread, cool.

I must have missed the requirement to read every post in a thread to be able to participate. Regardless, I read it before jumping in. Sorry, if my post bugged you. They do say that the truth hurts. You may return to your spot in the circle.

Ok, now at least I'm sure I'm arguing with someone who knows nothing about reality or baseball. Troll.

My opinion: Scoiscia gets credit when the team wins. I don't like seeing Freese and Conger in the lineup.

Stradlings argument: You're not allowed to state an opinion unless:

a) You have the perfect solution in hand.

b ) You agree with Stradling.

c) You have hours and hours a day to sit on the message board arguing with Stradling.

Ummm no, how about:

d) I have my opinion. It's different than yours. It will never live up to your expectations. Buzz the **** off.,

Edited by papawealey

I must have missed the requirement to read every post in a thread to be able to participate. Regardless, I read it before jumping in. Sorry, if my post bugged you. They do say that the truth hurts. You may return to your spot in the circle.

My point was it wasn't a Scioscia circle jerk, it was mostly a give and take.

I believe My prediction was 77-85.

Happily wrong. If you've been saving up all season to zing me on my prediction, kudos.

I predict they will win the WS now.

You want me to be right or wrong?

You have way to high of an opinion regarding your importance.  Just read one the bumped threads before I saw your in this one.

As far as to your question, I'm betting you would rather be wrong.

My opinion: Scoiscia gets credit when the team wins. I don't like seeing Freese and Conger in the lineup.

Stradlings argument: You're not allowed to state an opinion unless:

a) You have the perfect solution in hand.

b ) You agree with Stradling.

c) You have hours and hours a day to sit on the message board arguing with Stradling.

Ummm no, how about:

d) I have my opinion. It's different than yours. It will never live up to your expectations. Buzz the **** off.,

No it comes down to you not having offered a single solution or alternative other than Mike shouldn't play Conger and Freese. I would LOVE to have better options than those two, until we do I understand the need to play them.

I usually don't get involved in threads about is Sosh a good manager. In any sport, it takes me a long time to criticize a manager or coach, I just in general think coaches/managers get too much credit for wins, and too much blame for losses. But whenever I talk about the issue, I say the number one issue in whether a baseball manager is perceived as good or not is his bullpen performance. 

They weren't crap in two of those years, they just missed the playoffs in all four of those years. 89 and 86 wins aren't crap.

For our payroll that's crap, expectations are different than they would be with a lesser payroll.  I expect this team to make the playoffs just about every year.  I'm glad we're finally getting it again this year.