• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GameDay Thread 8/28/14 vs. OAKLAND

Ok, but was it low? Because if it was, there is no excuse for Trout not to swing. I'll take my chances with Trout on a pitch below the strike zone over the chances the pitcher walks him 3-0.

That doesn't make any sense.

His chances of getting on base and thus scoring the winning run on a 3-0 count are astronomical.

Man, there are a lot of Negative Nellies in the house tonight. Just because they leave the bases loaded three times, doesn't mean they will lose.

I think it's the fact that all year the approach has never changed. They seem to become overly-aggressive and have rarely come through while putting together the worst at bats all year.

Edited by Richard

I don't think that's true. It still changed the rest of the game going forward.

Yeah, it's still under protest. A's could argue that the play forced them to use more pitchers that inning(Abad, Cook), etc

Since it was a judgement call though, don't expect them to win the protest. Much ado about nothing

just need to get the damn win now

And you're fishing for something That's not there. There's a reason it was called the way it was. It's called obstruction. Have you never watched a baseball game in your life?

Nope, I just comment here for fun.  Called for a reason?  Right, because umps have NEVER gotten a call wrong.  I just watched the replay on my phone like 50 times in a row.

EDIT:  play-by-play:  Moss gets VERY close to the base path, but never steps off the grass WHICH IS OUTSIDE THE BASE PATH until after Aybar switches course.  Just before Aybar runs into Otero, Otero's toes go right to the edge of the grass, but never actually in the base path.  They were only both in Aybar's way because he was running on the very inside of the basepath even though Moss and Otero were clearly going for the ball near there.  Had Aybar run on the outside of the first base line he would have never had an issue.  

Edited by AngelsFanSince86