• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NHL Expansion to Vegas - Official

gotbeer

• 3 weeks later...

hawks have 7 NMCs, which they have to protect.

and is like what 80% of their cap?

last i head you have to make 25% of your cap available.

they'll end losing someone good like ansiminov.

i like bieksa, but the ducks better get rid of hime before july 1 else they'll have to protect him.

seven forwards, three defensemen and a goalie, or eight skaters and a goalie. There’s an exemption for second-year pros

I believe, since I have heard the announcers say it often.  Gibson is still a first year, since they keep calling him a rookie.  Theodore and Ritchie obviously are first years. 

So we look like this.

Forward No Trade Clauses

Perry

Getzlaf

Kessler

Forward Modified No Trade Clause

Cogs

Under Contract and probably protected

Silfverberg

Under Contract and probably not protected

Thompson

Garbutt

RFA

Pirri

Lindholm

Rakell

Defensemen No Trade Clause

Bieska

Under Contract and Probably protected

Fowler

Despres

Stoner

Manson

RFA

Vatanen

Lindholm

Looks like we can get the 7 skaters fine, but we may be one over.  It's the 3 defensemen we have to chose from.  If we sign both Vatanen and Lindholm, then I think Fowler is left open.  If we only sign one of the two RFA's, then we keep all three. 

It's sounding more and more like it's a go.

The word locally is that the announcement will likely come at the summer meetings.

I'm wondering if the sudden upturn in Raiders-to-Las Vegas talk will have anything to do with the NHL's thinking. At first, it appeared that they would have the only professional franchise in the city. Now, it appears that it may be a bit more crowded than they anticipated.

The word locally is that the announcement will likely come at the summer meetings.

I'm wondering if the sudden upturn in Raiders-to-Las Vegas talk will have anything to do with the NHL's thinking. At first, it appeared that they would have the only professional franchise in the city. Now, it appears that it may be a bit more crowded than they anticipated.

I really haven't been following Quebec, or Seattle for that matter.

But the amount of work that Foley has put in.  It would be a huge black eye to hockey if he wasn't awarded a team.  As a fan, I would be ecstatic to have Foley as an owner.  Ok, maybe not as much as the Samulei's, but close.  He pretty much sold Vegas on the Team, instead of just bringing in a team and saying I'm here, love me.

I believe, since I have heard the announcers say it often.  Gibson is still a first year, since they keep calling him a rookie.  Theodore and Ritchie obviously are first years. 

So we look like this.

Defensemen No Trade Clause

Bieska

Under Contract and Probably protected

Fowler

Despres

Stoner

Manson

RFA

Vatanen

Lindholm

Looks like we can get the 7 skaters fine, but we may be one over.  It's the 3 defensemen we have to chose from.  If we sign both Vatanen and Lindholm, then I think Fowler is left open.  If we only sign one of the two RFA's, then we keep all three. 

With Murray saying he's going to trade players they probally move Fowler or Vatanen, then it becomes Lindholm/Vatanen/Bieksa being protected but long term its better to buy out Bieksa(age 36 in 2017) & protect Manson instead. After next season they will have eaten 2 years off the Bieksa contract too.

If I am Vegas GM I'd be looking forward to selecting Manson over 36 year old Bieksa in 2017.

But the amount of work that Foley has put in.  It would be a huge black eye to hockey if he wasn't awarded a team.  As a fan, I would be ecstatic to have Foley as an owner.  Ok, maybe not as much as the Samulei's, but close.  He pretty much sold Vegas on the Team, instead of just bringing in a team and saying I'm here, love me.

Considering that the entire season ticket deposit drive was conducted with the league's blessing, and that Commissioner Bettman came to town for the kickoff, the NHL would lose any credibility that they have locally if they now back out.

i remember seeing them working on the new stadium when i was out there for the mayweather/pacquiao fight.

i hear its just about done and it's insane.

stoked for that franchise.

what's the team name going to be?

black aces?

It's done, there have been a few concerts there already.  The black aces would be an awesome name.  Could also be the spades.  

i remember seeing them working on the new stadium when i was out there for the mayweather/pacquiao fight.

i hear its just about done and it's insane.

It's already open. There have been a couple of concerts held there already, plus a couple of other events. I haven't been inside yet.

As far as the team goes, Black Knights is considered to be the name of choice. No word yet on whether the mascot will have his arms and legs hacked off at center ice before yelling "The Black Knight always triumphs!"

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 3 weeks later...

Bettman: The ‘word’ on expansion should come June 22

I don't know.  Call me silly or gullible.  But you have the Board of Governors of the NHL meeting in LAS VEGAS on June 22.  Something tells me, they are not there to say No.  This sounds like a perfect time to say Yes.

And if they say no.  Perfect time to dig a few holes in the desert.

Gary Bettman: Expansion decision soon, Olympic play in doubt

Interesting little tidbits.

The league and NHL Players' Association have agreed on terms for the expansion draft when it comes to all the players who have no-move clauses or no-trade clauses -- of which there appears to be a significant difference.

"Here's what I'll say: No-trade [clauses] carries no significance with respect to the expansion draft at all. A trade is a trade, and if you have a no-trade clause it doesn't mean you can't be exposed in the expansion draft," Daly said.

But when asked about no-move clauses, Daly did not comment, which either means players with no-move clauses cannot be exposed in the expansion draft or perhaps some form of that. Certain young players will also be exempt.

So in the Ducks case.  Getzlaf and Perry have no move clauses.  But Kessler and Bieska have no trade clauses.  So I can really see Bieska being exposed to protect the younger Dmen. 

In the Kings case.  Kopitar has a no move clause.  Everyone else is open game. 

On May 31, 2016 at 0:02 PM, gotbeer said:

Gary Bettman: Expansion decision soon, Olympic play in doubt

Interesting little tidbits.

So in the Ducks case.  Getzlaf and Perry have no move clauses.  But Kessler and Bieska have no trade clauses.  So I can really see Bieska being exposed to protect the younger Dmen. 

In the Kings case.  Kopitar has a no move clause.  Everyone else is open game. 

getz, perry, kesler and bieksa (as of july) all have full no movement. so we have to protect them.

the first thing are fine, but man if we have to protect bieksa will will lose one of the kids. hopefully murray can trade him asap.

11 hours ago, mrwicked said:

getz, perry, kesler and bieksa (as of july) all have full no movement. so we have to protect them.

the first thing are fine, but man if we have to protect bieksa will will lose one of the kids. hopefully murray can trade him asap.

After next season is over if it comes to it they could buy Bieksa out so he doesn't have to be protected. If he shows more signs of declining next season can pretty much expect him to be bought out after the season is over. They'll only have to pay him 1 or 2 seasons if he gets bought out.

Could they package him with Andersen or Vatanen or Fowler ? If Vatanen they could move Bieksa with Vats to Edmonton.

12 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

After next season is over if it comes to it they could buy Bieksa out so he doesn't have to be protected. If he shows more signs of declining next season can pretty much expect him to be bought out after the season is over. They'll only have to pay him 1 or 2 seasons if he gets bought out.

Could they package him with Andersen or Vatanen or Fowler ? If Vatanen they could move Bieksa with Vats to Edmonton.

ah right. buyout could work. at that point it would only be 1 year left right?

yeah i could see them packaging andersen with bieksa/stoner. andersen should get a legit haul. prob first and a badass prospect. throw in a cap dump and now you just get a first and maybe a second/third.

10 hours ago, mrwicked said:

ah right. buyout could work. at that point it would only be 1 year left right?

yeah i could see them packaging andersen with bieksa/stoner. andersen should get a legit haul. prob first and a badass prospect. throw in a cap dump and now you just get a first and maybe a second/third.

They still might loose Manson though if they don't trade one of Vatanen or Fowler.

Not sure about Theodore status if he's excluded from draft after next season, if he isn't that means they lose Manson to Vegas.
One place said Theodore would be excluded because he will still be a rookie next year & only finishing with his 1st full season.

8 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

They still might loose Manson though if they don't trade one of Vatanen or Fowler.

Not sure about Theodore status if he's excluded from draft after next season, if he isn't that means they lose Manson to Vegas.
One place said Theodore would be excluded because he will still be a rookie next year & only finishing with his 1st full season.

first and second year players are exempt.  So Theodore will fall into that category.