• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NHL Expansion to Vegas - Official

gotbeer

7 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Team name should be: "Vegas Free Loaders" they got the most gift wrapped expansion draft in history while other teams had to pick thru garbage when they joined the NHL.

Last expansion team paid $80 million.  Vegas paid $500 million.  I think they said every team gets $16 million from Vegas.  I don't think that's free loading.

According to capfriendly.  The Vegas team is $800k under the cap currently.

Their team consists of 14 forwards, 14 defensemen, and 3 goalies.  All of which are contracted, RFA's or UFA's, which mean they are all experienced.  Since you only need 12 forwards, 6 dmen, and 2 goalies for any game.  My guess is, they are going to start wheeling and dealing at least 4 of their Dmen.  Methot is already getting huge hits on the rumor mill.

Vegas Golden Knights Trying To Move Into Top-3

If you’ve read or taken part in any of the live chats, you’ll know that I’ve firmly believed for a while that the Vegas Golden Knights would find a way to get into the top couple of picks to get their hands on Nolan Patrick.

though the Stars have been clear about their willingness to move down if the right offer came along. With them also showing interest in the Golden Knights’ Marc Methot, hold on to your hats for the next few hours.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a done deal, and they are just waiting to make sure Patrick is still available at #3.  Methot and the Knights #6 pick with maybe another higher pick.

On 6/21/2017 at 11:15 PM, Scioscia4MVP said:

Team name should be: "Vegas Free Loaders" they got the most gift wrapped expansion draft in history while other teams had to pick thru garbage when they joined the NHL.

it's probably something you already know, but at 30 teams, this is the most amount of teams there have ever been for an expansion draft.

NHL Trade: Golden Knights Trade Marc Methot To The Dallas Stars

The Vegas Golden Knights have traded defenseman Marc Methot to the Dallas Stars for a 2020 2nd round pick and goalie prospect Dylan Ferguson.

Surprised Ottawa didn't counter.  Granted it's a second rounder which in the NHL is still a good price, but it's 3 years from now. 

I'm wondering if Vegas will start moving some Dmen and eating some cap in order to get young players or more picks. 

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Nine goals in the first preseason game. If they can just keep that up all season...

The big news locally is that a lot of people didn't get to see the game due to some weird glitch with DirecTV and a contract issue with Cox.

Are people in Vegas getting excited about the Magnetos?  Or are they only talking about the Traitors?

• 2 weeks later...

Something to take the city's collective minds off the events of last Sunday. Fleury kept the Knights in the game until they found their rhythm offensively. Two third period goals win it 2-1 at Dallas. I don't know how the rest of the season will go, but we won the first game in Las Vegas professional sports history.

The first home game is going to be insane. It has been sold out since shortly after tickets went on sale. Projected to be one of the loudest arenas in the NHL.

12 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Something to take the city's collective minds off the events of last Sunday. Fleury kept the Knights in the game until they found their rhythm offensively. Two third period goals win it 2-1 at Dallas. I don't know how the rest of the season will go, but we won the first game in Las Vegas professional sports history.

The first home game is going to be insane. It has been sold out since shortly after tickets went on sale. Projected to be one of the loudest arenas in the NHL.

Hopefully a certain Jesus will drop the first puck.  Jesus Campos that is.  That would kick the emotions into gear.