• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

NHL Expansion to Vegas - Official

gotbeer

Move Phoenix Coyotes to Las Vegas.

I watched my NY Rangers play there last night, and the arena was maybe 75% full, and of those fans, the majority were Rangers fans.

It was like the old days at the Hartford Whalers arena, except Hartford was only a 90 minute car ride away.

Move Phoenix Coyotes to Las Vegas.

I watched my NY Rangers play there last night, and the arena was maybe 75% full, and of those fans, the majority were Rangers fans.

It was like the old days at the Hartford Whalers arena, except Hartford was only a 90 minute car ride away.

I would love to see Phoenix move to Vegas, and Florida to Seattle.  That'd balance out the conferences and get rid of the 2 worst fan bases in the league.  I prefer this to expansion as expansion would water down the talent.  

I would love to see Phoenix move to Vegas, and Florida to Seattle.  That'd balance out the conferences and get rid of the 2 worst fan bases in the league.  I prefer this to expansion as expansion would water down the talent.  

I don't know that the NHL needs more teams. There are enough teams not drawing well to accommodate the demand in other cities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Las Vegas (Bill Foley) making a full court press.........

getting a major league team in Las Vegas I think would break open the dam and other major leagues would follow.

I think the NBA might be next;

not sure about MLB -- Cashman Field certainly isn't a place where a regular season MLB could be played (they've had major league weekend games there over the years -- the Cubs/ ChiSox game of a couple of years broke a stadium attendance record there).

NFL would be HUGE in Vegas -- Oakland Raiders should go there instead of this talk about sharing a stadium with the Chargers in the LA area (Inglewood?).

Still think Seattle and Portland deserve a team over Vegas.

The ass in me hopes that a team moves to Vegas.  Say like the Panthers.  

Ducks are too deep and would lose too much if an expansion team, or two (since the leagues are now split 16-14) came about and were all subjected to an expansion draft.   

Expansion is not a good idea but it is what is going to happen.  The way the currently playoff system is set up there really needs to be 4 8 team divisions.  It is such a huge advantage to be in the west with 14 teams and 7 per division.  If it were up to me I'd move Phoenix to Vegas and Florida to KC and call it a day.  However, since I think they are looking for 32 total teams I expect Phoenix to Vegas with expansion in KC and Seattle.  I can't wait for a Vegas team, great reason for a trip out there if the Ducks play there on a weekend.  

Las Vegas (Bill Foley) making a full court press.........

getting a major league team in Las Vegas I think would break open the dam and other major leagues would follow.

I think the NBA might be next;

not sure about MLB -- Cashman Field certainly isn't a place where a regular season MLB could be played (they've had major league weekend games there over the years -- the Cubs/ ChiSox game of a couple of years broke a stadium attendance record there).

NFL would be HUGE in Vegas -- Oakland Raiders should go there instead of this talk about sharing a stadium with the Chargers in the LA area (Inglewood?).

There was actually some talk about the Raiders years ago. It may have been nothing more than idle chatter, but when Al Davis still owned the team it was put out as the kind of move he would make to piss off the NFL.

I believe that the NBA will follow the NHL, and it won't be that far away. The new arena is being built to both NHL and NBA standards, which tells you something of the investors' intentions. I'm just glad that the city is finally getting away from relying on UNLV and Strip hotels to provide venues. Both have been volatile in terms of reliability and they seem to eventually tire of having a team there and kick them out. We have lost two hockey teams because the leadership at UNLV and at an off-Strip hotel eventually tired of having a team in their arenas.

I believe that baseball would work here, but not at Cashman or in that area. Cashman Field is one of the worst facilities in all of organized baseball. The batting cage is literally in the parking lot, the home and visiting clubs share a clubhouse in a single building behind the center field wall, and the neighborhood is a combat zone. The homeless encampment a couple of blocks away adds to the game day ambience. Add to that aluminum seats that bake in the sun all day and first pitch temperatures of 105-110 degrees and it's a little piece of heaven.

One of many reasons that trying to project MLB attendance from what we draw in the PCL isn't a relevant comparison.

The ass in me hopes that a team moves to Vegas.  Say like the Panthers. 

Exactly the franchise I was thinking of. Hockey definitely isn't working in Miami, and this would solve two problems. It would require some minor divisional realignment, but it could be done.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The NHL's expansion fee is substantially more than the relocation fee. Bettman has done everything to keep that franchise in Phoenix. Also consider that Auston Matthews, the likely no.1 prospect going into next season is from Scottsdale, AZ. Perhaps they see this thing through and hope the ping pong balls bounce right.

I think if they do expansion they don't do Canada.

New american team - new fans of the sport.

New canadian team - shifting fans' allegiance.

Because every single Canadian is already a hockey fan. But not every american is.

It's about growth.

But a new canadian team would be rad too.

Edited by mrwicked