• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colon placed on revocable waivers

nikkachez

Hmm, I don't think the Angels are interested then?

The Angels were last of all teams in the claiming order (worst-to-first NL, then worst-to-first AL, by records on Saturday 8/23).  If the Angels placed a claim, they'd have exclusive negotiating rights or could get him for nothing if the Mets just let him go.  The fact that the Angels did not place a claim must mean they don't want him, right?  Because now there's just an open market to bid for his services and the Angels have to compete with everyone else, which would put them at a competitive disadvantage.

Disappointing.  I for one was in favor of adding Colon...

The Angels still might have interest.  By claiming him, the Mets can simply dump the contract on the Angels.  Now the Angels can walk away from the negotiating table if they don't like the deal.

Edited by Season Over

Of course they will. I don't think anyone is against adding a starter, just some are against adding a 41 year old former PED user.

Who cares if he used peds?

Last time I checked the mlb doesn't take away wins and accomplishments from teams with ped users

Edited by nando714

I think the Angels want to wait and see what they get out of LeBlanc. 

Personally, I think Colon would ROUND out our rotation nicely. 

Even if LeBlanc throws seven shutout innings tonight..I'd still be trying to get another pitcher (or just try Rasmus as a spot starter).

now it's irrevocable waivers -- so for some team to claim him is really just as a block -- otherwise you wait and then sign him and take on one month and one day of his contract (would have to have him on the roster before Sept. 1 for him to be playoff eligible).

if LeBlanc's start doesn't go well for us today, Colon could be back in Anaheim -- that equates to what? Something about $915,000 for maybe 5 , 6 max, starts in September.

Nice work if you can get it and apparently, Colon at 41/42 can.

I'm hoping LeBlanc has a quality start tonight and the pen picks him up in the 7th to shut down Miami the rest of the way.

now it's irrevocable waivers -- so for some team to claim him is really just as a block -- otherwise you wait and then sign him and take on one month and one day of his contract (would have to have him on the roster before Sept. 1 for him to be playoff eligible).

if LeBlanc's start doesn't go well for us today, Colon could be back in Anaheim -- that equates to what? Something about $915,000 for maybe 5 , 6 max, starts in September.

Nice work if you can get it and apparently, Colon at 41/42 can.

I'm hoping LeBlanc has a quality start tonight and the pen picks him up in the 7th to shut down Miami the rest of the way.

I'm not exactly sure what you meant to say, but if the Angels or another team trades for a Colon, they'll be responsible for paying him the 11 M that he's due in 2015. They would be on the hook for the remainder of his contract (not just this season).