• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colon placed on revocable waivers

nikkachez

Tough choice for some teams to make -- do you claim the guy to block the Halos OR do you let him through knowing that if he gets dealt to the Halos that the Halos will have to significantly over-pay to get a one month rental guy.

He wouldn't be a one month rental guy. I think he'll be 42 next season ... and he would be one of the few pitchers I'd take a chance on at that age.

Tough choice for some teams to make -- do you claim the guy to block the Halos OR do you let him through knowing that if he gets dealt to the Halos that the Halos will have to significantly over-pay to get a one month rental guy.

in case of Colon there's a good chance the Met's simply say "take him" and dump Colon with his whole contract on whatever team claims him. I'd laugh a bit if Beane claimed him just to block the Angels only to get stuck with an $11M contract he doesn't need and probably can't afford.

11m is sitting between the angels and a 1st tier sp?

Doubt it

The backload contracts are starting to kick in next year, and then there is Trout's new contract

My guess is they only have about 10-15 mil to spend. I think Arte is willing to pay some tax maybe 5-6 mil range, not 20-25 mil.

So, yes, 11 mil will take out the Angels from a 1st tier SP

The backload contracts are starting to kick in next year, and then there is Trout's new contract

My guess is they only have about 10-15 mil to spend. I think Arte is willing to pay some tax maybe 5-6 mil range, not 20-25 mil.

So, yes, 11 mil will take out the Angels from a 1st tier SP

Welp good luck to the angels fo finding at least 2 starters to replace Skaggs and don't expect Richards back till the asb and who knows how he will be mentally coming back from injury.

If we can't pay 11m (which is peanuts for today's sp market) we're gonna be fishing at the bottom of the barrel this off season for sp

I'm not a big fan of spending lots of money on starting pitching. Richards, Skaggs, Santiago, and Shoemaker have provided very good bang for your buck and are young, while signing CJ Wilson hasn't really given the team a good return on investment. Granted, we will be without the services of Skaggs and Richards for some time. But, taking on Colon who's owed only $11 million next year doesn't seem like a bad idea. It's a low risk/high reward type move. And, it buys us a little more time to develop the next solid Halo starter.