• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia postgame, LOL

Yea FS79, the last thing I want is for CJ to improve. Also how could someone possibly think CJ could improve based on what his track record says for his career.

Keep these incredibly fresh threads coming buddy, I sure missed you posting these when the Angels were winning 15 of 20. Like you, I almost hope they lose just so I can read these types of awesome threads. We all know that there's no such thing as coach-speak.

My point was that he didn't show any improvement last night, as Scioscia is contending. Oh sure, it wasn't quite as horrific as his previous starts, but it was still poor pitching any way you look at it.

His "improvement" last night guaranteed him another month of starts, because he'll be getting back up on that beam any moment now!

Let's see how another four or five Wilson losses help us to win a division title.

My point was that he didn't show any improvement last night, as Scioscia is contending. Oh sure, it wasn't quite as horrific as his previous starts, but it was still poor pitching any way you look at it.

His "improvement" last night guaranteed him another month of starts, because he'll be getting back up on that beam any moment now!

Let's see how another four or five Wilson losses help us to win a division title.

No Skaggs being injured guaranteed another months worth of starts. Your dislike of Scioscia makes you see or hear things on a very biased level. I guess you haven't paid attention to the shorter leash this year.

A.  Scioscia has always answered questions this way.  Its been over an F'n decade...let it go.  His MO is to be even in his temperment regardless of the current circumstance and his answers reflect that approach.  If you're hoping for him to morph into Larry Bowa or Lou Pinella all of sudden, you're in for diappointment. 

B.  Wilson is currently getting over or fighting through injury.  His track record shows he's a pretty good pitcher when he's on so the choice is: let him work through his issues or replace him with a mediocre AAAA option.  It sucks to watch but I want him to work through it now so he can get his ish together for SEPT.

C.  The starting pitching, though stretched, is fine.  The Angels didn't lose the series because of SP or BP...they lost because the team is in an offensive funk right now.  Tuesday's loss in extras killed the momentum and exposed two guys in the field who are not the best at fielding their position.

Every team goes through stretches where you look like crap which is why playoff teams still end up losing 70 games. 

im just confused by what seems to be the idea that we have another pitching option to replace Wilson with. Do we really think the AAA option is a winning proposition ?

The replacement in the rotation for Wilson is like the clean up hitter that we aren't currently using instead of Hamilton. These replacements are basically unicorns.

Our SP will be the death of us. 

Yes, it might.  Everyone in the organization knew that going in, but we don't have the chips to correct it right now.  Wasn't it Scioscia that said, "we will go as far as our starting pitching will take us?"  It's taken us pretty far, as in the second best record in baseball.  Just get into the playoffs and get hot.

At some point something will be the "death of us" for 29 teams.  One team will end with a winning streak of at least one game, everybody else will be on a losing streak.  It's pretty easy to be a "loser" in baseball.

Edited by tomsred

Also, for those bitching about Dipoto not aquiring:

Lester - Do we have someone that we are willing to give up from the MLB roster that is Cespedes equal and doesn't leave a hole in our roster?

Smaradzija/Hammel - Do we have anything close to Addison Reed?  Or anything that the A's offered the Cubs?

Consider the cost and look at what we have...not much to work with.  All we got are Rondon's that we can overvalue all we want but it doesn't mean another GM is going to bite.