• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

On 1/17/2018 at 9:36 AM, Brandon said:

this is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read. fall guy? bush and Obama both had 8 year terms through the second most difficult financial economy this country has ever seen.

About as dumb as your comment above? WTF are you babbling about. What does Bush and Obama have to do with anything I had said?

54 minutes ago, HaloFan85 said:

About as dumb as your comment above? WTF are you babbling about. What does Bush and Obama have to do with anything I had said?

wtf? amonthago85

you were rambling on about trump as a fall guy. do you not even see the shit you post before? you're blaming trump or touting him as some random ass "fall guy" giving him too much credit and not knowing what you're talking about qhile combining the economy and politics. this was your post below. i don't think conspiracy theorists could come up with something this dumb.

Does anyone here really believe this bull market will last much longer? There's at least 4 all-time bubbles right now in housing (again), auto subprime loans, student loans, and derivatives. Credit card debt also reached an all-time high not that long ago. It will be interesting to see the market's reaction when Janet Yellen is likely replaced by Jerome Powell within the next few weeks. Even though Powell is not directly chosen by Trump, it find it interesting how the media is touting Powell as "Trump's pick". Is Trump and Powell being set up to become the scapegoats? Not to sound too conspiratorial, but I truly believe that Trump was chosen to be the "fall guy" for the inevitable crash of the stock market. It's as if they knew this crazy run wouldn't last another 4-8 years so they needed an "outsider" to become president and take all the blame for the mess they created. I can see the DOW reaching 30,000 before they decide to pull the plug.

bond is definitely going up, that's why rates are skyrocketing. a dude that is pretty on point predicts 3.04 as the mark and then maybe some settling. we are here now and you can see what's happened since november/december. 2018 has been rough, depending on your position.

image.png

A really wild day today, with the market up-and-down too many times to count. Currently up a bit, but anything can happen in the next half-hour

Some not-so-good news: the S&P briefly crossed below its 200-day moving average, then recovered somewhat. If stocks keep going lower, it's a very possible indicator that the long bull market is coming to an end.

I was looking at my investment online thingamajig. I had all my money in wome long term whatever thing, but my buddy (whos good at this stuff) told me to move it over to stocks, a fund called fidelity contrafund. But i noticed theres a ton of options, like for stocks, bonds, etc. 

Anyone with a background in this have suggestions?

29 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I was looking at my investment online thingamajig. I had all my money in wome long term whatever thing, but my buddy (whos good at this stuff) told me to move it over to stocks, a fund called fidelity contrafund. But i noticed theres a ton of options, like for stocks, bonds, etc. 

put it all into IHOP.

i mean, who doesn't love pancakes!

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Well I can’t recommend anything because I am not an expert, I have 22% of my 401k in the contrafund.  And in my other retirement fund I have 42% of my money in the contrafund.  

2 hours ago, LHalo said:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

“The Konami Code” would get you 30 extra lives in Contra.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

You freakin beat me to it...was hoping there was some way to game the stock, but the website doest have the D pad :(

I like tanks idea, though. Pancakes. Never get old. Brilliant.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:17 PM, Brandon said:

yeah, i think the oc register did a piece within the past month or two i saw floating around facebook where sd county up to la county is so high most people can't afford the homes and that the average median income to afford to buy a home in oc was something like a minimum of 150k or something like that......i forget, but much higher than the national median average or even most of ca outside of pockets up north in and around sf......which by the way, i love doing loans up there.

there will be a correction at some point and i see it happening because i am seeing more subprime or stated products floating around the market. it's more restrictive since the wild wild west that broke the system, but still a scary proposition to think about. my facebook is pretty much mortgage only and all the groups i'm in i am seeing a ton of questions and loan scenarios involving stated purchases, etc.

just saw this in the news: the income needed to buy a median-price home in the city is now $303,000 / year. wild.

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/income-needed-buy-home-San-Francisco-real-estate-12614111.php

On 2/19/2018 at 11:25 PM, mrwicked said:

just saw this in the news: the income needed to buy a median-price home in the city is now $303,000 / year. wild.

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/income-needed-buy-home-San-Francisco-real-estate-12614111.php

What's crazy is that they're saying a 300k income is sufficient to buy a 1.5mil home.  Really?  Buying a home 5x your income?  Can't say I condone that.  Easy way to become house poor...

14 hours ago, Warfarin said:

What's crazy is that they're saying a 300k income is sufficient to buy a 1.5mil home.  Really?  Buying a home 5x your income?  Can't say I condone that.  Easy way to become house poor...

it's actually not bad. the p&i payment on 1.5m will be ~7.8k and 300k annually is 25k a month. the front end dti (housing cost) is 32%. maybe with escrows, since property taxes on that amount will be nuts, it jumps up to ~40%......not too out of the realm of the ratios most people have.