• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stock Market: The Thread

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

the market and great economic boost is kicking my industries ass. mortgage rates since november have been atrocious and we are back in the 4's and climbing. the days of 3% are behind us unless something drastic happens.

Not only mortgage rates, but home prices are way up. Homes in L.A. are unaffordable for most people. Median price in southern California is over $500,000. Rents are also skyrocketing.

Edited by fan_since79

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Stock market is on fire. NASDAQ with a 1% move today.

We're listing our house at the end of February. Hopefully we're catching the market at the right time.

...and it's accelerating in the final half-hour...just crossed 7,500.

Dow is up 200 now. 27,000 will probably be passed by the middle of next week.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Not only mortgage rates, but home prices are way up. Homes in L.A. are unaffordable for most people. Median price in southern California is over $500,000. Rents are also skyrocketing.

yeah, i think the oc register did a piece within the past month or two i saw floating around facebook where sd county up to la county is so high most people can't afford the homes and that the average median income to afford to buy a home in oc was something like a minimum of 150k or something like that......i forget, but much higher than the national median average or even most of ca outside of pockets up north in and around sf......which by the way, i love doing loans up there.

there will be a correction at some point and i see it happening because i am seeing more subprime or stated products floating around the market. it's more restrictive since the wild wild west that broke the system, but still a scary proposition to think about. my facebook is pretty much mortgage only and all the groups i'm in i am seeing a ton of questions and loan scenarios involving stated purchases, etc.

18 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Experts think otherwise, that this bull market has room to run, but there could be a pullback mixed in at some point.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wall-street-expects-bull-market-to-make-history-in-2018-2017-12-18

So basically they're saying it could go up or down.   

6 months ago most of the finance/money shows were talking about how the run couldn't last and now there seems to be belief that it has room to grow.  I think the tax law could spur some growth but in the end it's all about the long term investment approach.  There were massive inflows in the last few months which means a lot of people who got out are jumping back in at or near all time highs.  Kudos to the emotional investors.  

I wonder what the track record is of these 'experts' who predict the rise and fall of markets. It seems to be a crap shoot to figure it out. Why should we believe any of them, when so often they turn out to be spectacularly wrong.

I remember Jim Cramer, who continues to have a job on TV, naming a bunch of dot-com companies in early 2000 that were guaranteed sure bets. A few weeks later the tech boom began to fall apart, and the NASDAQ lost a couple thousand points in short order. Almost all those companies went out of business, as I recall.

Edited by fan_since79

43 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I wonder what the track record is of these 'experts' who predict the rise and fall of markets. It seems to be a crap shoot to figure it out. Why should we believe any of them, when so often they turn out to be spectacularly wrong.

I remember Jim Cramer, who continues to have a job on TV, naming a bunch of dot-com companies in early 2000 that were guaranteed sure bets. A few weeks later the tech boom began to fall apart, and the NASDAQ lost a couple thousand points in short order. Almost all those companies went out of business, as I recall.

NASDAQ lost a ridiculous 75% from March 2000 through summer 2002.