• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kidney stones

Painful as can be. Drinking like a fish to this thing to pass.

As a result, my doctor has told me that I've drunk my last soda. No more Dew. None. Apparently the soda contributes to stones, and once you get one, your chances for a second one increase.

Goodbye, my precious dew. Goodbye.

When I was in the Air Force we rode buses from Nellis to Yuma for an exercise and I watched someone passing a stone on the ride. He changed colors about 5 times, broke out in a sweat and had the most severe look of agony on his face. Since then I drink water and coffee almost exclusively and have even limited my coffee but at least we had a uniquely entertaining way to kill a bus ride through the Arizona desert.

I've never had kidney stones, but I had a transient case of gout in my ankle after binging on McDonald's for a couple of weeks. I believe both conditions are caused by a buildup of uric acid. It felt like every bone in my leg had been shattered.

Kidney stones are generally a build up of calcium from what I've read.

When I was in the Air Force we rode buses from Nellis to Yuma for an exercise and I watched someone passing a stone on the ride. He changed colors about 5 times, broke out in a sweat and had the most severe look of agony on his face. Since then I drink water and coffee almost exclusively and have even limited my coffee but at least we had a uniquely entertaining way to kill a bus ride through the Arizona desert.

That sounds like the single most unpleasant and agonizing experience one could ever go through

As a result, my doctor has told me that I've drunk my last soda. No more Dew. None. Apparently the soda contributes to stones, and once you get one, your chances for a second one increase.

Goodbye, my precious dew. Goodbye.

Nooooooooooo! 

I quit drinking coke cold turkey just over a year ago. It was hard since I drank three or so a day. I have replaced it with fruit juice and soda water, tea and water. I don't drink coffee or hard liqueur. Maybe a hot chocolate or a beer every once in a while.

It was hard for the first 6 or 7 months. I really missed it, but now, I don't even want it.

I was kinda bummed when my sister-in-law bought me a case of Mexican Cokes in glass bottles for Father's Day and I had to turn them away.

I quit drinking coke cold turkey just over a year ago. It was hard since I drank three or so a day. I have replaced it with fruit juice and soda water, tea and water. I don't drink coffee or hard liqueur. Maybe a hot chocolate or a beer every once in a while.

It was hard for the first 6 or 7 months. I really missed it, but now, I don't even want it.

I was kinda bummed when my sister-in-law bought me a case of Mexican Cokes in glass bottles for Father's Day and I had to turn them away.

Yeah, I grew up on soda but quit cold turkey in high school wrestling. I didn't feel the need to quit because I was always under weight, but thought about it and just lost the interest in the taste.

I never missed it or wanted it. Every now and then I'll crave something like an orange soda or rootbeer. The only time I have soda in the house is for a mixer. And of course, I'll take a soda if that is all someone has at their house.

Soda is just nasty. The chemical list on the can is absurd. I don't think there is anything worse at a grocery store that you can buy.

i'm feeling better today. i think the stone may be close to reaching my bladder because my pain has subsided a huge amount. my doctor wants the stone, so i have the unpleasant task of peeing into a cup and then running it through a strainer to catch the stone. he told me to bring it in once i catch it so he can do an analysis on it. he also told me beer acts as a good diuretic, if i'm not opposed to downing some.

i'm feeling better today. i think the stone may be close to reaching my bladder because my pain has subsided a huge amount. my doctor wants the stone, so i have the unpleasant task of peeing into a cup and then running it through a strainer to catch the stone. he told me to bring it in once i catch it so he can do an analysis on it. he also told me beer acts as a good diuretic, if i'm not opposed to downing some.

Isn't passing the stone the worst part?  The worst has yet to come.  

I've never had kidney stones, but I had a transient case of gout in my ankle after binging on McDonald's for a couple of weeks. I believe both conditions are caused by a buildup of uric acid. It felt like every bone in my leg had been shattered. 

Gout sucks.  I haven't had a flare up in a few years but in 2007 during the holiday season I had a nasty flare up after eating steak, shell fish and drinking too much alcohol in a very short period of time.  I get flare ups in my ankle.  

Yeah, I grew up on soda but quit cold turkey in high school wrestling. I didn't feel the need to quit because I was always under weight, but thought about it and just lost the interest in the taste.

I never missed it or wanted it. Every now and then I'll crave something like an orange soda or rootbeer. The only time I have soda in the house is for a mixer. And of course, I'll take a soda if that is all someone has at their house.

Soda is just nasty. The chemical list on the can is absurd. I don't think there is anything worse at a grocery store that you can buy.

I too quit cold turkey about 5 years ago.  I don't miss it at all.  Green tea in the morning, water during the day and beer at night.  I have to get my calories from something.  I have never had a stone.  

I had 3 or 4 bouts of kidney stones about 10-15 years ago.

First, you feel like you have to pee.  But then, you find you don't.  its odd.

Then the pain starts at first.  The only thing that helped was walking.

Then the *real* pain started.  I had to pull over from the freeway one time, to throw up.  Nasueas from pain, not anything else.

One time I had to be put under, it was stuck somewhere in my bladder.  They went up through my dick.

I found the pain worse at the beginning than the passing.  Just my two cents.

The only thing I've found to prevent is drinking water.  Every day.  Water.

I found it wasn't so much what I ate or drank, but being dehydrated. 

Water every day for me.