• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kidney stones

4 minutes ago, wopphil said:

One diet soda per day...too much?

Ask your doctor for advice on this one, Phil. That's seven sodas a week, and 30 each month. It's going to add up quickly.  After 3 or 4 ER trips and kidney stone surgery last December, I don't want to touch another soda. As an added little bonus from the surgery, I came home wth a Foley catheter and got to remove it myself the next day. 

8 hours ago, calscuf said:

Thanks amigo.  

You've had every old white guy ailment, right?  For Cez' sake, do you think this is worse than a dick in your ass?  I say no, but he probably disagrees.  

I think, Jay's white, Jay's a republican, Jay's old.  He's had to have had a dick up there at some point, right?  Gay shame is the number one cause of old, white republicanism, so I just assume.  If I'm wrong, I apologize.  But if I'm right, give Cez your honest opinion?

After a comment like that I'm sure Jay is thinking, may your membership be renewed.

I had a bladder stone, the doctor went up the canal and blew it up like Asteroids with a laser then vacuumed out the dust so I never went through the problem of passing it. Too bad the cancer couldn't have shared the same fate.

Drink less cafiene and about 68oz of water (2 litres) a day and you will feel a lot better while reducing the risk of stones and urinary infection. Yes, there are far worse urinary problems than a kidney stone.

Just so you understand the simple science of our lifestyle in these modern times, most people wake up and get ready for their day by sucking down coffee, an astringent that sucks water out of your system. The water in the coffee never replenishes what you are removing so in effect you are taking a body that has already gone the entire night without hydration and said, hey, let's see if we can run this system dry.

That puts a strain on your system that requires fluids to flush out toxins. And the rest of the day you simply wash, rinse and repeat by going with more caffeinated drinks and then end your day with a scotch on the rocks. Yeah, alcohol sucks water out of your system as well.

So the combination of coffee, sodas, alcohol and you've got some pretty pissed off kidneys. Something's got to change.

Switch to scotch and water.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 9:32 PM, arch stanton said:

I've never understood the appeal of diet soda. I find it disgusting but that shouldn't hurt as long as you keep hydrated with water. If you're not peeing clear you need to drink water

^^^^ is all correct. You have to have very light yellow pee.  The darker the pee (already diluted in your toilet), the more you increase your  kidney stone chances.

Just drink water instead of soda.  Make a lifestyle change.  There is nothing worse than the first few hours.

I have never had any pain peeing it out.  The pain is early in the process.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I crush about 50 ounces of diet soda a day. I match that with water. I also have a huge cock. No stones. 

the size of your meat makes absolutely no difference in any of this. the pain comes from the stone working it's way from your kidney to your urniary bladder. that is a tiny, tiny tube and the stone is much larger than it. the pain is excruciating. once it hits the bladder, there really isn't any pain with passing it. having a big pud doesn't affect that, either.

4 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Looks like I joined the club, and I have to say that this is not a friendly club.

I don't think I could possibly wait as long as Tank to pass this stone.

good luck, brother. whatever pain killer your doc prescribes, use it as often as you need it until that stone is out. did he give you a strainer to try and catch the stone?