• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' Second Best Hitter; Second Best Player

ABC

Second Best Hitter  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Second Best Hitter

• Calhoun
    • Pujols
    • Hamilton
    • Aybar
    • Kendrick
    • Navarro
    • Ianetta
  2. 2. Second Best Player

• Calhoun
    • Pujols
    • Hamilton
    • Aybar
    • Kendrick

Calhoun is absolutely raking it and IMO has earned his leadoff spot for the rest of the season.

He also makes great plays when they come to him, but consistently, Aybar is the one making the most tough plays look routine, and comes up with a great which seems like every day.

Who voted for "Kendrick the GIDP waiting to happen"?

Probably someone that doesn't only see his double plays but actually values what he does for the team. You wouldn't understand. By the way, I originally voted for Calhoun and Calhoun, but then I changed my vote to Calhoun and Aybar.

Definately Ginger Power for 2nd best hitter

The guy produces runs, because he has solid power and can make things happen on the bases (crazy number of runs scored and on pace for some 25 HRs over 150 games), and has solid pitch recognition skills.

It's really close between Ginger Power and Aybar for 2nd best all-around. That, I need to think about.

Aybar has become so solid at shortstop and while never walking a lot his pitch recognition skills aren't bad. He doesn't get fooled constantly like Hamilton and Kendrick are by the same pitch (curve or slider).

His XBH is also better than ever now (on pace for about 55).

As solid as Pujols' numbers are, I can't ignore that poor 2 months he went through at the plate after HR #500.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Would rather have Pujols over Calhoun, but it's a close call.

2nd best player this season has been Aybar. He's been great at the plate, with his D and even on the bases.

I agree on everything you said except on the bases..........7 CS this year.

Edited by Sherlock31

I agree on everything you said except on the bases..........7 CS this year.

CS isn't necessarily a bone-head base running play. I've seen him extend singles into doubles and take extra bases off hits. Angels have been known for base running blunders and Aybar has avoided that this season.

I wonder where Calhoon's stats would be if he had never been injured which took 6 weeks away, plus was the cause for the platoon. Maybe 17-19 hrs? I think hes definately the best hitter this season.

As for player, i think we can all agree Richards. But when it comes to position players, its a tough call..ill take calhoun though.

CS isn't necessarily a bone-head base running play. I've seen him extend singles into doubles and take extra bases off hits. Angels have been known for base running blunders and Aybar has avoided that this season.

it's often a bone headed managerial play

mlb_a_angels_600.jpg