• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' Second Best Hitter; Second Best Player

ABC

Second Best Hitter  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Second Best Hitter

• Calhoun
    • Pujols
    • Hamilton
    • Aybar
    • Kendrick
    • Navarro
    • Ianetta
  2. 2. Second Best Player

• Calhoun
    • Pujols
    • Hamilton
    • Aybar
    • Kendrick

CS isn't necessarily a bone-head base running play. I've seen him extend singles into doubles and take extra bases off hits. Angels have been known for base running blunders and Aybar has avoided that this season.

His negative base running WAR number says you are wrong.

WAR counts base running as well as position in addition to offense and defense. You can look up the individual components on fangraphs.

So is it the stat that states Aybar is -.05 and Kole is -.08, yet Puig is -.04 for base running? Seems like a credible stat with Puig being the better base runner....

So is it the stat that states Aybar is -.05 and Kole is -.08, yet Puig is -.04 for base running? Seems like a credible stat with Puig being the better base runner....

That's the one. I'm not sure I'd disagree with those numbers, the sample on Calhoun isn't particularly large yet. Puig is a bonehead but he is also really fast. Being half a run below average passes the sniff test.