• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What if Scioscia....

Was picked to be next commissioner of baseball?

I am in no way endorsing the idea or believe it is even feasible, just thought it'd make for a good thread and offer up a shot at some good jokes.

Read on MLBTR that internal candidates were being interviewed, and that made me wonder who that would possibly be, and when I thought about folks like LaRussa and Torre I thought of Sosh and chuckled and saw it as a good thread idea haha.

Better than another bitch thread.

I think he would be a decent commissioner. I just don't think it will end up being a player or manager type. The owners pick these guys and usually they pick suits.

And that was really more of the intent of the thread, just some chatting about who the next commission could be, what he may do, what you'd do, what you'd like to see...

Scioscia as commissioner would be extremely unrealistic but hey, lasagna/veterans/nicknames!

He is well respected in the league but I highly doubt we will see a player become commissioner. I think it will be either another owner of some business man with a good marketing background.

Exactly. Scioscia does not have any background in the business end of baseball that has become far more complex than in the Ford Frick years. It will require someone that can work on a bigger picture scale than simply making sure the season starts and ends on time.

This has nothing to do with my dislike for Scioscia but I think he would be an awful commissioner.  He is a classic stuck in his ways old school type.  We would never get anywhere with replay, etc.

On top of that I doubt he has any interest at all in being the owner's puppet, which is what the commish is.

Exactly. Scioscia does not have any background in the business end of baseball that has become far more complex than in the Ford Frick years. It will require someone that can work on a bigger picture scale than simply making sure the season starts and ends on time.

Not only that but I don't think he has a college degree....he signed out of high school and I don't think has gone back and gotten a degree....Should that matter?  Absolutely not, Bill Gates dropped out of college, but would a major sport, in this day and age, hire a Commissioner who doesn't have a college degree?  Probably not....

Edited by DMVol