• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Efren Navarro makes Cron expendable

You could trade Cron, I mean he's exactly what this team needs (a power hitting, cost controlled 1B/DH), but if he lands you David Price then ok. But don't pretend as if Efren Navarro is Cron's replacement. Navarro has a beautiful swing and is versatile, but is not an everyday run producer.

Kotchman is expendable, if we can't sign Tex in the offseason Morales will be a fixture at first base for years to come!

Segura is expendable, we just signed Aybar and Kendrick to new deals!

Napoli is expendable, we have Conger coming up and can get a MOTO bat in Wells!

I ****ing hate it when people are "expendable".

^ I understand your point, but...all of those were valid arguments (aside from napoli being a horrible trade regardless of depth).

Kotchman was done fairly shortly after we traded him, and if not for trumbo, morales would have still been here.

And where would segura play if he was still here?

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

^ I understand your point, but...all of those were valid arguments (aside from napoli being a horrible trade regardless of depth).

Kotchman was done fairly shortly after we traded him, and if not for trumbo, morales would have still been here.

And where would segura play if he was still here?

Finding a place to play Segura sounds like an amazing problem to have.

I hate to speak ill of Segura considering his terrible tragedy, but he's been mediocre at best since a hot start last year. After his six-hit game on May 28th of last year, he has hit .246/.280/.334 with a 66 wRC+ in 774 PA since. It seems like the league figured him out.

To put that another way, Aybar is a better player than Segura. There, I said it. Maybe not in two years, but right now he is. Hopefully in two years Jose Rondon will be ready.

As for Cron, I think tennischmp has it right - Cron needs to learn 1B to have long-term place on the team. He also needs to learn some modicum of plate discipline, because right now he's headed towards being a perennial sub-.300 OBP. Anyhow, I think his upside is something like .270/.320/.500 with 30 HR - IF he learns to take a few walks. If not, he'll be more like .250/.280/.450 with 25 HR and out of a starting job.

Cron is not expendable because of Navarro, Cron is expendable because he can only dh and 1. Pujols is going to increase his time at dh as each day goes by 2. Mike likes to use the dh spot to rotate players around and get people in the lineup.

Navarro is nothing more than a guy who gets two games a week and the late inning sub