• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 ASG Selection Thread

Ramirez made it over Aybar because the players voted for him over Aybar.

The players also voted for Tanaka, Buehrle, Kazmir, Darvish and Felix over Richards.

Farrell chose Lester (only Bos player), Price (only TB) and Scherzer (reigning Cy Young).

Tanaka, by the way, is scheduled to pitch on Sunday. I bet whichever starter doesn't win the final 5 vote gets his spot. If Darvish really isn't pitching, that's another.

Darvish was scheduled to pitch the last game before the break and told everyone he wouldn't pitch and would "go sightseeing" instead.

But..... with the storm on the East Coast, he was moved back, so he says he "might" pitch now.

Stay tuned..

Half of the people in here are the biggest messageboard dorks in the world.

Talking about "real fans" and "fake fans" because of who votes for the idiotic all star game. One a month I need a reason not to frequent the main board and this is July's reason.

The people that are making the "real fans" and "fake fans" comments are obviously joking. The comments are in refererence to a long thread that was started last week.

The people that are making the "real fans" and "fake fans" comments are obviously joking. The comments are in refererence to a long thread that was started last week.

If this was the first time "real fans" and "fake fans" have been thrown around I would agree with you.

But it isn't so I'll take the joking point with a grain of salt.

Half of the people in here are the biggest messageboard dorks in the world.

Talking about "real fans" and "fake fans" because of who votes for the idiotic all star game. One a month I need a reason not to frequent the main board and this is July's reason.

g1325371440880455135.jpg

Sorry, I didn't mean to step on your "there's an agenda" toes.

I'll make sure the produces of next season's True Detective make the show about this All-Star agenda you're speaking of.

Their numbers look similar but Aybar has clearly had the better year.

Aybar: .278/.315/.414  (Aybar actually leads all AL SS in slugging and ops)

Ramirez: .286/.320/.408

Similar but their road splits tell a different story.

Aybar: .313/.345/.494

Ramirez: .246/.277/.353   ...........He's been pretty bad away from that launching pad.

Defensive stats (fangraphs)

Aybar: 10.5

Ramarez:  2.0

Overall Aybar is at 2.5 fWAR and Ramirez is at 1.6 fWAR.

Then there is the fact the Aybar is on a very good team while Ramirez is on a bad one.

Both are much more deserving the Jeter and his lifetime achievement award BS.

And you won't find ten fans who vote at a game aware of this info or even take the time to look it up. Because most fans vote based on sports center highlights, and because not all players are given equal amounts of air time, players like Aybar are going to be overlooked unless they hit .375, have 30 homers by the break, or field acrobatically like Ozzie or Brooks.