• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 ASG Selection Thread

The people that are trying to make a case for Aybar had their opportunity to do so by voting since April 20th. They didn't. The MLB fanbase voted for Alexei Ramirez.

SHORTSTOP

1. Derek Jeter, Yankees: 2,924,686

2. Alexei Ramirez, White Sox: 2,325,527

3. J.J. Hardy, Orioles: 1,534,547

4. Jose Reyes, Blue Jays: 1,008,063

5. Jed Lowrie, Athletics: 732,766

The people that are trying to make a case for Aybar had their opportunity to do so by voting since April 20th. They didn't. The MLB fanbase voted for Alexei Ramirez.

SHORTSTOP

1. Derek Jeter, Yankees: 2,924,686

2. Alexei Ramirez, White Sox: 2,325,527

3. J.J. Hardy, Orioles: 1,534,547

4. Jose Reyes, Blue Jays: 1,008,063

5. Jed Lowrie, Athletics: 732,766

So the players that come in 2nd in the fan voting deserve to be selected? Edited by Lou

So the players that come in 2nd in the fan voting deserve to be selected?

Well to give you a more serious answer about the selection. Ramirez and Aybar were equally deserving to be selected but it's not like Aybar was sitting there waiting around with 2.2 million votes. He didn't get snubbed and the fans that voted for Ramirez made the decision very easy. Plain and simple, the fans didn't want Aybar so they didn't vote for him.  

You obviously missed the premise of the argument

I didn't read the whole thread but what I gather the argument is from Hamilton that Aybar isn't a snub because he didn't get a lot of fan votes and your argument is that the fan vote is irrelevant as to who deserves to be on the team. 

Ramirez made it over Aybar because the players voted for him over Aybar.

The players also voted for Tanaka, Buehrle, Kazmir, Darvish and Felix over Richards.

Farrell chose Lester (only Bos player), Price (only TB) and Scherzer (reigning Cy Young).

Tanaka, by the way, is scheduled to pitch on Sunday. I bet whichever starter doesn't win the final 5 vote gets his spot. If Darvish really isn't pitching, that's another.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Told by MLB that replacement for Tanaka would be at manager’s discretion. Farrell indicated Uehara is next up.

****ing Farrell.

Actually, the way it used to be was if a player who was voted by the players had to be replaced, it was by whoever was next on the players voting. The manager got to pick if one of his picks was out. Tanaka was a player vote.

So either they changed it or someone is confused.

Well to give you a more serious answer about the selection. Ramirez and Aybar were equally deserving to be selected but it's not like Aybar was sitting there waiting around with 2.2 million votes. He didn't get snubbed and the fans that voted for Ramirez made the decision very easy. Plain and simple, the fans didn't want Aybar so they didn't vote for him.

The fan vote is to select the starters only

I didn't read the whole thread but what I gather the argument is from Hamilton that Aybar isn't a snub because he didn't get a lot of fan votes and your argument is that the fan vote is irrelevant as to who deserves to be on the team.

No. My argument is that the fan vote is irrelevant as to who is selected as the substitutes. The fan vote is relevant as to who the starters are since that's the selection process.

Actually, the way it used to be was if a player who was voted by the players had to be replaced, it was by whoever was next on the players voting. The manager got to pick if one of his picks was out. Tanaka was a player vote.

So either they changed it or someone is confused.

Thanks, Jeff. That's the way I remembered it as well

ESPN knowledge of the Angels is a kin to NHL Network's knowledge of the KINGS & Ducks.

All East Coast...the Angels have the 2nd best record...they don't care.

Oakland has been on top for awhile...Halos have turned it on recently...under the WORLD CUP radar.

Poor Gubi...tried like HELL to be the Aybar shill...FAIL

I used to care about the All-Star game when it meant seeing KERSHAW face off against TROUT {for example} - but now-they play each other during the season.

Thanks BUD...and your stupid:

Inter-league Play and "This One Counts" BS...World Series home field advantage rule. I loathe Selig...

Aybar among AL SS

1st in fWAR

1st in SLG

1st in wRC+

1st in k%

1st in RBI

2nd in DRS

1st in fielding %.

**Sorry if this was already posted in this thread. I read through most of the 10 pages but not all**

Edited by TEvans

Aybar among AL SS

1st in fWAR

1st in SLG

1st in wRC+

1st in k%

1st in RBI

2nd in DRS

1st in fielding %.

**Sorry if this was already posted in this thread. I read through most of the 10 pages but not all**

Then you missed some key points by skimming.