• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 ASG Selection Thread

And you won't find ten fans who vote at a game aware of this info or even take the time to look it up. Because most fans vote based on sports center highlights, and because not all players are given equal amounts of air time, players like Aybar are going to be overlooked unless they hit .375, have 30 homers by the break, or field acrobatically like Ozzie or Brooks.

Go to any Angels game and you will find that many fans are there only because their boss or neighbor gave them tickets. When we hosted the 2010 All Star Game we didn't have one starter so the level of interest is very little.

Go to any Angels game and you will find that many fans are there only because their boss or neighbor gave them tickets. When we hosted the 2010 All Star Game we didn't have one starter so the level of interest is very little.

That's interesting.

Who gives you your tickets?

How is anyone at the game supposed to kbow that?

I think you can see where I'm going with this. Just trying to make a point.

I get free tickets all the time. Does that make me any less of a fan than you?

No absolutely not. My point is that we have a very apathetic fan base. We have to be told when to make noise otherwise you could hold a church service during some games. Many season ticket holders dump their tickets every home stand.

I attended the photo day on the field and the couple standing behind me did not even know who Mike Trout was. Go figure.

When you watch a Geen Bay Packers or Seattle Sounders game you can see the passion in the fans. Even the fricken A's fans have some very passionate sections of fans in their stadium.

Kings Court in Seattle > The Trout Farm and its not even close. I actually tried to raise the fan interest in the stands with Matsuiland, Toriitown and Hamiltown but they really don't care much about that but they do love the wave.

Anyway it's not personal but many fans show up late and leave early. It's no wonder why Aybar will be sitting at home for the All Star break. Not surprised.

You really don't think that our stadium is the only one that prompts fans to cheer, do you?

Season ticket holders dump tickets at every mlb stadium in the country. The wave has been done at every stadium.

So you really think fans show up late because they don't want to see the first couple of innings? I know a lot of people who can never make it to the game for first pitch and it has nothing to do with a lack of desire.

Aybar was never going to be voted in as a starter over Jeter. This isn’t on the fans. It's on the players and manager.

I wonder if it was Farrell or the players that chose Glen Perkins.

"His 3.22 earned-run average ranked 40th among 57 AL relievers with 30-plus innings"

Just dominant.

The Twins also send Suzuki to the game so they were already represented.

Farrell.

@JeffPassan: Hitters are slugging .302 vs. Kershaw and .276 vs. Felix. Against Garrett Richards? League-worst .262. His ASG case: http://t.co/FTzRUCtrfv

Farrell.

@JeffPassan: Hitters are slugging .302 vs. Kershaw and .276 vs. Felix. Against Garrett Richards? League-worst .262. His ASG case: http://t.co/FTzRUCtrfv

What I don't get is, Richards has experience as a reliever...so why pick Perkins over him

I honestly thought Suzuki was the lone Twins rep before I saw that Perkins made the team. Now it makes Suzuki makign the team make even less sense

We as Angels fans can control Garrett Richards All Star Game destiny. Let's see if we snub him.

It doesn't matter what we do. Sale is a bigger and more meaningfull name in the eyes of the average MLB Network/Baseball Tonight watcher. The rest of the league's fans will vote for Sale.

What I don't get is, Richards has experience as a reliever...so why pick Perkins over him

I honestly thought Suzuki was the lone Twins rep before I saw that Perkins made the team. Now it makes Suzuki makign the team make even less sense

Even if he doesn't make it this year…he'll make it 3-4 times (if not more) later.

I guarantee you he will be noticed more in 2015 even if he doesn't do as well (see Josh Donaldson).

Let the Twins have two All Stars. What else do they have to look forward to?

Joe Mauer turning into an average player?

How many pitchers will be ineligible? Won't they need replacements?

Pretty sure the players consider it an honor to be in the All-Star game....

Sunday..so Tanaka can't pitch (Uehara will replace him) and Bumgarner (Hudson will probably replace him).