• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is something wrong with CJ?

i love how cj sucks now. granted he's been struggling his last few starts, but he's been stellar to near stellar his entire contract with the angels.

His ERA+ in his first full season here was 100. In other words, completely average. Last year it was 111, not bad but not even close to "stellar". This year it is well below average.

So yeah no.

His ERA+ in his first full season here was 100. In other words, completely average. Last year it was 111, not bad but not even close to "stellar". This year it is well below average.

So yeah no.

Yep. Sorry Ukyah, CJ has been far from stellar as an Angel. He has been almost totally average, with a few extra points for staying healthy.

CJ Wilson is just another example of the Angels overpaying for an overhyped player. Hitters have totally figured him out. He and Weaver have become a notch above batting practice pitchers. It will be very difficult if we make it to the postseason with these two starters.

CJ Wilson is just another example of the Angels overpaying for an overhyped player. Hitters have totally figured him out. He and Weaver have become a notch above batting practice pitchers. It will be very difficult if we make it to the postseason with these two starters.

Which is why it is so important for them to develop arms on a consistent basis. The cost of mediocrity is high.

So yeah no.

i subscribe to the advanced metrics of baseball thinking, but i don't think they are omniscient. cj wilson, has his shortcomings for sure, i'm not saying he's a true ace or anything like that. he has pitched 2 1/2 years for the angels he has given them over 200 innings of production per season and has his era well under 4 and under 3.5 for one whole season. 

i can promise you that when dipoto is assembling the angels squad for the upcoming season that they look at a total of approximately 1,450 innings and how they are going to cover those. dipoto and any other gm looks at any pitcher that can give them 200+ innings of well under 4 era, most times, and that guy is considered stellar. you guys may not agree, but i know the gm's are in my corner.