• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

As far as some earlier posts on our defense next year, Do you guys know how highly Murrey values Manson? If we bring someone in, not only does Beach have to go, but in the next year or two at least one or two more. Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanan, Dupres, Manson, The guy we bring in and Theadore (coming soon)- You would have to do something with at least one of them (plus deal with Wiz and Stoner). Maybe you could make Stoner #7, but I wouldn't bet on that going over well.

Murray really likes Manson, something he touched on a bit in his exit interview. Manson also plays on the right so he could be a fit with Hampus or Fowler (the latter less likely with the chemistry Despres and Fowler showed on the playoffs).

I think a lot of people here are underestimating Wiz. Dude has 80 points in the last two seasons combined. He wasn't very good at the end of the season, but he also came in injured and Murray even said that they rushed him back. Combining that with the unexpected play from Despres and now Wiz doesn't have a spot in the starting lineup.

It's going to be an interesting offseason. Murray has a lot of decisions to make. I think they need to bring in a scoring LW. Unfortunately, there aren't a ton of options out there. We will see.

Hawks wont be back for a while, they are going to be in salary cap hell after this season with Kane and Towes 10M+ a year deals kicking in next season.  Sharp is as good as gone in the offseason along with probably one more key player.

You are right, they are not as bad as Kings fans who come to the Ponda.

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/salaries/los-angeles-kings-salaries

You should look at the Kings salary cap situation.  They are in a pretty bad bind. From what I can see, they are at around $68 million without signing any of their FA's like Sekera.  

Oh, and remember that thing about Tagging?  Kopitar is a FA after the next season, so he comes into play for the Kings.

Ducks are at $54 million without some RFA signings.  

Edited by gotbeer

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/salaries/los-angeles-kings-salaries

You should look at the Kings salary cap situation. They are in a pretty bad bind. From what I can see, they are at around $68 million without signing any of their FA's like Sekera.

Oh, and remember that thing about Tagging? Kopitar is a FA after the next season, so he comes into play for the Kings.

Ducks are at $54 million without some RFA signings.

Dustin Brown at 5.875 for the next seven years and Richards at 5.75 for the next five makes me smile.

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2009/11/19/the-tagging-rule-facing-the-chicago-blackhawks/

Here's a modern day example. Essentially tagging prevents a team from signing players to deals that would put them over the cap THIS year even if that cap is expected to go up the following year.

For example let's use the Kings cap that GB posted a link to. The cap this year is at $69 million, while the Kings cap is at $68 million currently. They would not be allowed to sign someone for $2 million this offseason until they shedded $1 million from their current cap hit, or sign someone at $3 million without shedding $2 million, etc. etc. The cap moving up to $71 million next year is irrelevant.

Hope that helped.

And to expand on it regarding Kopitar.  This is my guess on Tagging.

in the 2016-17 season.  Kings are at $59 million.  If they sign Kopitar to say $9 million a season for 4 years, their total for that season will be $68 million.  Say the cap is at $71 million.  So my interpretation to Tagging is that even if they have say $4 million to spend this year if the cap was at $71million, they will be limited to the $3 million that they have available if they sign Kopitar to an extension.  

If they don't sign him to an extension, I believe they will have $4 million.  But of course that means FA'cy for Kopitar.  

Keeping Kopitar will be a priority next summer. I don't expect Richards to be around much longer, and I'm hopeful that Brown will restructure his deal somehow. We're still waiting for a decision about Voynov, also. We asked for some cap relief for him last year, but I think that was denied by the league.

Edited by Tank

Anaheim Ducks Free Agents - Matt Beleskey: Re-sign or Let Walk?

I kind of agree with this article.  But I have a feeling someone will offer in the 5-6 range.

I agree as well, 4 years at 3.5 mil per is probably the most I would go for Beleskey.  He can probably get 5yrs 25 mil from some team so I wouldn't blame him one bit for taking it.  But, if he wants to contend for a cup and live in sunny socal, I can see him staying at a discount. 

What bias?  That guy is the one biased.  Hampus loses his guy all over the ice on the defensive end, especially against top talent.

He is a great skater and has a great stretch pass but also makes mental lapses with the puck in the defensive zone.

^ he's 21, he's not a 10 year veteran.

I agree the article is a bit over the top (it's not particularly well-written, it's probably a fan piece and not something from a professional journalist).

But Lindholm is the real deal, and he has a chance to be one of the top d-men in the league if he keeps improving.

He's not there yet, but he's got what it takes.

He is definitely in the lidstrom/neidermeyer mold, and the fact that scotty is working with him is just awesome for his development.

The ducks are really the envy of the league with their d youth/skill, hopefully they add the missing pieces to the overall team and get some cups soon.

It will be hard to retain them all, hopefully they can.

Edited by mrwicked