• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

I'm not sure if an Assistant Captain has a leadership role in the locker room, of if one needs an A on their sweater to speak their mind in the locker room. But if it matters, I'd like to see Kesler wear the A in place of Beauch. Does a defenseman need to have an A or a C? Again, I'm not sure it even matters. But I think this team needs to be edgy in order to compensate for it's lack of supreme talent offensively against teams like the Blackhawks.

Let's face it, Toews and Kane are just ridiculous. Those two will always be better than the twins talent-wise.

Sekara/Boychuk/Franson would all be solid pick ups. We'll be looking at options via trade too imo. We have so many pieces that'll be shopped around or teams will be calling on.

Etem

Palms

Rakell

Wagner

Manson

Maroon

Andersen *big if*

UFAs

Beleskey

Fleischmann

Beauch

Those 3 I think for sure are gone.

Definitely gotta get a top line LW with more skill set to help the Twins. Maroon is great for creating traffic but we need someone with the ability to bury those pucks in front of the net. It showed big time in the Chicago series with Maroon.

The thing is a more skill type LW doesn't get the position Maroon does to even have the opportunity to score.

I definitely think the 3 UFAs are gone though.  Beleskey is like Winnik the year before.  Huge walk year and not worth the $ to the cap even though he gave the Ducks a ton in his years here.

I think Rakell and Thompson are going to stick as the third and fourth line C thought I wouldn't mind an upgrade I think other areas have a bigger need.

Along with a physical D man the Ducks also need another strong fore checker type.  It was like Kesler and Silf were the only two on the team that were effective shut down forwards.

I also would love it if the Ducks could trade Palmeiri, he is way too off and on, and when he is off he isn't just not scoring, he is turning the puck over and never able to get to loose pucks.  At least when Cogs isn't scoring he is still being a pest forcing turnovers and hes great killing penalties.

Just looking at the D

Beauchemin L  UFA

Despres L  UFA after next season

Fowler L UFA after 2018

Lindholm L RFA after next season

Stoner L UFA after 2018

Vatanen R RFA after next season

Wisneiwski R UFA after 2017

Among free agents

Boychuk R

Green R

Sekera L

Franson R

While it might not matter as much on the D.  Getting a Right hand shot might balance things out?  And that Stoner contract hurts.

Fowler

Despres

Wiz

Hampus

Vats

Stoner

Manson

Fistric

Theodore

That depth.. Wow. Some of these young D guys are going to get traded though. At least 1 of them. With Wiz and Stoner both locked in multi year and if we sign a FA D or trade for one that means someone has to go.

I think we trade Wiz for picks/prospects and gain more cap room.

I think we don't sign Beauchimin.  So we will need Wiz as a vet.  That would put us at 6.  If we sign a top Dman that would open up at 7 for depth or trade one, hopefully Stoner.  Stoner would be good on a team that needs stay at home defensemen.  Unfortunately for the way the Ducks operate, Stoner is a liability on the offensive zone, and just doesn't fit the system.  

Fowler

Despres

Wiz

Hampus

Vats

Stoner

Manson

Fistric

Theodore

That depth.. Wow. Some of these young D guys are going to get traded though. At least 1 of them. With Wiz and Stoner both locked in multi year and if we sign a FA D or trade for one that means someone has to go.

Theodore is the future though right?  He's currently 19.  Chances he goes to the gulls next season and is an emergency D callup?

Would we be better off extending Vatanen or does he have a higher trade value than say Stoner to get some pieces back in return? I just don't know what price he can be extended for if that's indeed the choice Murray makes.

Would we be better off extending Vatanen or does he have a higher trade value than say Stoner to get some pieces back in return? I just don't know what price he can be extended for if that's indeed the choice Murray makes.

From a $ stanpoint.  Stoner is owed $3.25 mil per for the next 3 years.  

Vatannen is $1.26 for next year and is a restricted free agent after that.  

So I think as trade value goes, we can get a lot more with Vatannen.  Stoner I think would be to clear his cap space.  Probably a draft pick in return.  Which overall wouldn't be a bad thing.

Theodore is the future though right?  He's currently 19.  Chances he goes to the gulls next season and is an emergency D callup?

Theodore will most likely spend all next season in San Diego. I definitely see him cracking the NHL in the 16-17 season.