• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

Saw this coming from a mile away, actually predicted a 5-1 loss. They never even bothered to show up for the last 2 games. I'll give Boudreau a break only because it's become clear we have bigger problems than coaching right now, namely leadership and goaltending. Andersen needs to be relegated to a backup role since he's proven he can't handle the pressure of the playoffs (like I predicted, lock for 4+ goals given up tonight). Would also be nice if we could replace Getzlaf as captain since he doesn't bother showing up, but that's a pipe dream so we're stuck with him. 

Tough loss since the team was the better team all series outside of game 6 and tonight. Can't believe they didn't show up at all and that both home teams lost game 7.

Kind of bummed. We wanted to go to some SC games.

Blame YK for going to the game.

Saw this coming from a mile away, actually predicted a 5-1 loss. They never even bothered to show up for the last 2 games. I'll give Boudreau a break only because it's become clear we have bigger problems than coaching right now, namely leadership and goaltending. Andersen needs to be relegated to a backup role since he's proven he can't handle the pressure of the playoffs (like I predicted, lock for 4+ goals given up tonight). Would also be nice if we could replace Getzlaf as captain since he doesn't bother showing up, but that's a pipe dream so we're stuck with him. 

I didn't see a problem in Andersen's goaltending.  Look at the lines and who was scoring.  As I said before, look at all the goals scored the last two games.  All screens or inside the red dot, usually uncontested.  This really showed the inexperience by the D.  

I didn't see a problem in Andersen's goaltending.  Look at the lines and who was scoring.  As I said before, look at all the goals scored the last two games.  All screens or inside the red dot, usually uncontested.  This really showed the inexperience by the D.  

D looked perfectly fine the first 13 or so games of the playoffs, and Andersen stunk in games 4 and 5 too. Gave up 18 goals the last 4 games. He simply cracked. Also, good goalies stop those shots every once in a while. He is what he is, a mediocre goalie who's not good enough to carry a team unless his defense is airtight, and even then not so much. 

Well, that all feels like a punch in the testicles. What a heartbreaker. We kept them in the series and with the team they've got they were always going to make us pay. The likes of Kane, Toews, Hossa and Keith were huge, which is obviously a lot more than you can say for most of our leaders - at least in the back half of this series.

I really thought this was our year and the reality is that was wrong. We've got a strong young core and some really good players who should be able to cement themselves in the NHL over the next couple of years. With the right moves in the offseason we'll be back in the mix again next year, but that doesn't make this moment any less painful. For me the anger died awhile ago, now it's just hurt. It's such a deflating way for this amazing ride to end. But it has been an amazing ride and it's been cool to be able to share that emotion with many of the Ducks fans here, even if it's ended in such a horrible way. Thanks guys.

D looked perfectly fine the first 13 or so games of the playoffs, and Andersen stunk in games 4 and 5 too. Gave up 18 goals the last 4 games. He simply cracked. Also, good goalies stop those shots every once in a while. He is what he is, a mediocre goalie who's not good enough to carry a team unless his defense is airtight, and even then not so much. 

He did stop a lot of the those shots.  I mean are Ducks fan so stupid that when the hawks have what, almost 10 odd man rushes in the second period, that because he didn't stop all of them he is a crap goalie?  So far in this thread my question has been answered.

Well, that all feels like a punch in the testicles. What a heartbreaker. We kept them in the series and with the team they've got they were always going to make us pay. The likes of Kane, Toews, Hossa and Keith were huge, which is obviously a lot more than you can say for most of our leaders - at least in the back half of this series.

I really thought this was our year and the reality is that was wrong. We've got a strong young core and some really good players who should be able to cement themselves in the NHL over the next couple of years. With the right moves in the offseason we'll be back in the mix again next year, but that doesn't make this moment any less painful. For me the anger died awhile ago, now it's just hurt. It's such a deflating way for this amazing ride to end. But it has been an amazing ride and it's been cool to be able to share that emotion with many of the Ducks fans here, even if it's ended in such a horrible way. Thanks guys.

Looking at the numbers.  I think the only major unrestricted FA is Beleskey and Fleishman.  And I don't think the Ducks can re-sign Belesky no matter what.  As the playoffs have shown though.  Kessler, who has a year left till FA, should be extended.  

So if you are able to sign the unrestricted free agents.  That means pretty much Beleskey LW is your loss.  And maybe I'm drinking too much Cool Aid. But I think Sekac at LW can replace him on the #1a line.  

Fleishman would be replaced by Etem.  So you would need probably a #4 LW.  

Defense wise, Beuchemin, Holzer and Souray are FA's.  Beuchemin can be replaced by Wiesnewski.  

So it'll come down to if the top can step up.