• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

Really tough to guess any salaries for this coming off season.  There is a strong possibility the cap goes down because of how weak the Canadian dollar has been over the course of the last year.  If that is the case there wont be too many big deals this offseason which should play right into the Ducks hands. 

Really tough to guess any salaries for this coming off season.  There is a strong possibility the cap goes down because of how weak the Canadian dollar has been over the course of the last year.  If that is the case there wont be too many big deals this offseason which should play right into the Ducks hands. 

I think they already announced that the cap was going up a little bit.

Nice find, I must've missed that in all the playoff madness.  With the cap only going up 2 mil the Ducks should be in good shape to sign a top D man.  I don't think much else needs to be done.  This team was pretty unlucky to not have finished this series in 5 games.  A triple OT and a double OT were the only 2 wins the Hawks had after 5 games.  When your team is that close to making the cup they definitely had a team that can win it all, just unfortunate the Blackhawks really turned their game on after the 1st period of game 5.  There is a lot of focus on how bad Getzy was in the series, but he was very good for the 1st 4 1/3 games of the series.  The true difference maker in the series was Duncan Keith.  He might just be the best Dman in the league and is definitely in the top 3.  It's very hard to win a cup without a top 5 defenseman (let alone a top 10 defenseman) and this team was just only bounce in OT away from making the Stanley Cup Final.  Improve the back end by letting Beauch walk and signing the younger Sekera (hurting the Kings in the process) and we will find ourselves in the WCF again next year with hopefully a different result. 

Still need to replace Beleskey's scoring output. I don't see Etem or Sekac being a 20 goal scorer next season.

Call me pessimistic but I'm not sure I see Etem becoming that at all. Sekac, on the other hand, I don't think is that far away from becoming a really good player.

Call me pessimistic but I'm not sure I see Etem becoming that at all. Sekac, on the other hand, I don't think is that far away from becoming a really good player.

Just looking at the Chicago series, it looked like Etem was skating in molasses.  Where Sekac was zipping all over the place.  One of Etems biggest strengths is his speed.  And on plays I was expecting him to catch up or pass players, it just looked like he was having trouble staying up.  

I don't know what you guys see in Sekac.  He might be fast and have some skill with the puck but he showed absolutely no affinity for scoring.  At this point in his career if he doesn't have it, he isn't likely to get it.

Etem is just way too inconsistent.  I think he has trouble focusing or something because he just gets lost on the ice.

I don't know what you guys see in Sekac. He might be fast and have some skill with the puck but he showed absolutely no affinity for scoring. At this point in his career if he doesn't have it, he isn't likely to get it.

Etem is just way too inconsistent. I think he has trouble focusing or something because he just gets lost on the ice.

At this point in his career? So you mean his first year playing hockey in NA is a clear indication of what kind of player he is?

I wouldn't mind if the Ducks let Bruce go. That being said there isn't a ton of good candidates out there. Yawney, the Ducks assistant coach, has progressively changed the philosophy of the Ducks throughout the season. He moved more towards a possession team, the Ducks were a top five team in that category after the trade deadline. Maybe him?

Yes. If it hasn't developed in the minors it isn't likely to develop in the NHL. Refined maybe.

He wasn't in the minors. He was in Europe playing in a much different league and a vastly different rink size.

Trade proposal:

Rick Nash for Corey Perry

Both are 30 years old, and seem to disappear when needed the most in the post season

Nash 378 goals/319 assists

Perry 296 goals/306 assists

Change of scenery and expectations could benefit both

Edited by NJHalo

I wouldn't mind if the Ducks let Bruce go. That being said there isn't a ton of good candidates out there. Yawney, the Ducks assistant coach, has progressively changed the philosophy of the Ducks throughout the season. He moved more towards a possession team, the Ducks were a top five team in that category after the trade deadline. Maybe him?

Yawney is the only person I would be okay with replacing Bruce out of the candidates left.  There aren't any other coaches on Bruce's level out there right now.  If we had lost early and could've gotten Babcock I would've been all for it.