• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

I really hope we get Adam Oates to coach the PP.

Good call. I understand the motivation in firing Lauer, the PP was inexplicably bad. But would this have happened if we'd won one more game against the Blackhawks? I doubt it. That always seems a little stupid to me.

While I will give Getz somewhat of a pass.

WTF was Bruce thinking then, putting him out there like clockwork, against a very fast team, with a guy with a sports hernia?

Absolutely agree. Somehow coach Q won the matchup game on the road putting the Toewes line on against Getz. Kesler had shit him down all series. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Absolutely agree. Somehow coach Q won the matchup game on the road putting the Toewes line on against Getz. Kesler had shit him down all series. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

We got killed in the face off circle in game 7 which allowed Q to get Towes out there against Getz at will.  

We got killed in the face off circle in game 7 which allowed Q to get Towes out there against Getz at will.

That's true. But after watching the game again, the Ducks had chances to change it up like the Hawks did. Thay being said the linesmen let the Hawks centers cheat big time on the draw. I've never seen so many false draws without anyone getting thrown out of the face off.

I ilke beleskey but i dont think we should re-sign him - he will just cost too much.

let someone else get burned.

we could give saad an offer sheet.

let him play left wing on the top line.

keep it under the freakish offer, and do the one where we just have to send a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd.

hawks are ripe to be exploited.

thats what they get for those stupid contracts.

Yeah, the Hawks are really up shit creek...we could even get away with offering $4.5M and the Hawks may just say **** it and take the picks.  What a steal that would be.  I'll be very disappointed if Murray doesn't put out an offer sheet to either Toffoli or Saad assuming we do not sign Belesky. 

I think Bowman said straight up he'll match any offer for Saad.

And that's fine. 

Make him match.

Remember what happened last time they were in this situation? SJ did a high offer sheet for super nintendo, the hawks said they would match anything, and they did.

And what happened? They couldn't re-sign Niemi (who ended up being signed by the sharks).

So you do the offer sheet, and if they match OK. But it forces them into a corner to make some other moves ASAP (maybe faster than they had planned).

I think if they match on Saad they *have* to trade Sharp or Crawford (or both).

For the Ducks they just have to watch out for tagging issues.

But they have a nice ace in the hole that Wiz has a $5.5m cap issue and we showed he is basically expendable to us if it comes down to it.

We are in a fantastic spot since we have so many talented, cheap kids.

I hope they just go for broke, spend to the cap this year and while we have this window, and rack up a few cups before the kids are too pricey to keep.

What about throwing an offer to dougie hamilton?

You let frankie walk, and trade wiz for picks (to be used later, see below).

Can you imagine that defense?

Holy sh*t. That would be one of the best young d corps in recent memory. I can't think of a better one.

hamilton / lindholm

fowler / despres

stoner / vatanen

And while we're at it, let bels walk too. And take the picks from wiz trade and send an offer sheet to saad.

That would be the greatest off season in the history of the world!

Next year is gonna be tricky with all our RFA's. But we are pretty good on cap space.

Edited by mrwicked

^ ignore what I said about offer sheets to both saad and dougie hamilton.

I was reading the CBA rules and it looks like you can't used acquired picks - you have to send your own.

So if would need to be one or the other.

I say we go after Saad.

I bet the oilers go after Hamilton. They need D more than anyone. Would be an awesome f*ck you from Chiarelli back to the org that fired him.

Edited by mrwicked

^ ignore what I said about offer sheets to both saad and dougie hamilton.

I was reading the CBA rules and it looks like you can't used acquired picks - you have to send your own.

So if would need to be one or the other.

I say we go after Saad.

I bet the oilers go after Hamilton. They need D more than anyone. Would be an awesome f*ck you from Chiarelli back to the org that fired him.

Yup that's right...give me dougie and Bels at 3.5/yr!

The more I think about the roster the more I think little will change. Beauch might be gone (but really he wasn't bad until the Hawks series), Bels is almost definitely gone, and the former will have a significant bearing on the whole Wiz situation. The biggest move I could see being made is Vats being traded for a top 6 LW, but that's unlikely.

That being said they were one win away from the SCF, have a very young D core, and still have a few years of great play from Getz and Perry. I'm more confident about this team going into next season than I was going into this season.