• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

I don't know what you guys see in Sekac.  He might be fast and have some skill with the puck but he showed absolutely no affinity for scoring.  At this point in his career if he doesn't have it, he isn't likely to get it.

Etem is just way too inconsistent.  I think he has trouble focusing or something because he just gets lost on the ice.

It did seem like Sekac was through with great chances several times in that Blackhawks series and didn't even manage to get a decent shot (or if I remember correctly any shot at all?) on any of them. But he handles the puck reasonably well in other scenarios and can clearly use his speed in a much more useful way than someone like Etem. I'm not suggesting he's going to turn into an elite scorer but I think he's going to be a useful player for us. Etem, meanwhile, is one of the more frustrating players I've come across.

Also, the idea of BB being fired is still fanciful. Convinced it won't happen.

Random thought: I would love for the Ducks to beat the Kings in 7, Hawks in 7, and Canadians in 7 to win the cup next year and have both Getzy and Bruce walk out with both middle fingers up at the press conference.  

I'd like to see a lead in a game 7 first before I even dream about winning 3 straight

There are a couple easy fixes that I think we can make without needing to go into the FA pool.  First would be put Cogliano on the top line.  WIth the speed and intensity that he plays with, it might inspire Getz not to take plays or games off.  I think Maroon is a bad fit with the top line, we need speed on that line considering Getz and Perry have next to none left.  

Put Wisnewski with either Lindholm or Fowler.  Supposedly, BM said he was in great shape going into the postseason, its a shame we never saw him play.  I blame BB for that.  But going forward, he needs to play a top 4 role.  

Lastly, we need to resign Belleskey and trade for or a sign a great winger for the 3rd line, that can score consistently.  

Two LA Times notes.

Ducks still sorting through what went wrong amid exit interviews

Never heard of tagging.  

The "issues" Murray is referring to are based on the "tagging" rule in the NHL's collective bargaining agreement that prohibits teams from being on the hook for more money in the following season than the current season's salary cap.

So it behooves the Ducks to not only address this year's potential free agents — including young forwards Jakob Silfverberg and Emerson Etem — but also examine those who could go free after next season. That list includes Kesler, goaltenders Frederik Andersen and John Gibson, defensemen Lindholm, Simon Despres and Sami Vatanen, and center Rickard Rakell.

"You have to address them this year," Murray said.

He said the work that remains provides motivation for the third-youngest team in this year's playoffs (average age of 26.8), but the numbers don't always work out.

Murray said "tagging" concerns could force him to trade, and said playoff performances will influence those decisions.

And talking about defensemen.

Kings' Dean Lombardi says team will be educated in light of arrests

Lombardi called it a "science project" and said he has several working templates involving various salary cap numbers. Because of the uncertainty, there has been no decision regarding the future of center Mike Richards or forward Justin Williams, a pending unrestricted free agent.

The focus is trying to re-sign goalie Martin Jones, forward Tyler Toffoli and defenseman Andrej Sekera, another pending unrestricted free agent. Lombardi said he did not think Sekera's number was "outrageous" and that Sekera would like to stay in Los Angeles.

I think Beleskey is gone - no way are we going to pay him what he can get on the open market.

Let some other team over pay for him.

They need a skilled winger for the top line. I love maroon as much as anyone, but come on, the delta between getz/perry and maroon was pretty obvious as the series went on.

I'm down to bring beach back but not for very much $$.

He looked pretty bad towards the end of the WCF imo.

We do need at least one veteran d-man, so bring him back if you can, but don't over pay him.

I think gibson and andersen fight it out, and gibson takes over #1 goaltender spot. But that's just my hunch.

Andersen was nails.. until he wasn't (game 5).

And when he got shaky we panic'd and fell off a cliff.

Edited by mrwicked

Trade proposal:

Rick Nash for Corey Perry

Both are 30 years old, and seem to disappear when needed the most in the post season

Nash 378 goals/319 assists

Perry 296 goals/306 assists

Change of scenery and expectations could benefit both

Hell no. Perry still had 18 points in this year's playoffs.

Perry also has a no-trade clause.

Edited by TeemuTrout

I'm pulling for Chicago. Rather go down to the Champs than know some other team was actually capable of beating them besides us.

If you want to see the silver lining.  If Chicago wins it all.  That will mean that the Ducks took the last two champions to 7 games.  So it's not that bad, right.  Right?

Blackhawks fans are nowhere near as bad as Kings fans.  I mean yeah they took over Ponda but I dont really blame them, their team won and they were celebrating respectfully from what I could see.  

Its probably better for the Ducks if the Hawks win.  I dont want them to come back next year as hungry as they were this year, kinda like how the Kings fell off a cliff this year because they won last year.  Id venture a guess the 3 elite teams in the West next year would be the Hawks, Kings, and Ducks, though its hard to know this before offseason moves.  Maybe the Hawks winning this year means they lose a step next year.  And we can at least say we lost to the cup champions 2 years in a row so we must be getting close.  

Blackhawks fans are nowhere near as bad as Kings fans.  I mean yeah they took over Ponda but I dont really blame them, their team won and they were celebrating respectfully from what I could see.  

Its probably better for the Ducks if the Hawks win.  I dont want them to come back next year as hungry as they were this year, kinda like how the Kings fell off a cliff this year because they won last year.  Id venture a guess the 3 elite teams in the West next year would be the Hawks, Kings, and Ducks, though its hard to know this before offseason moves.  Maybe the Hawks winning this year means they lose a step next year.  And we can at least say we lost to the cup champions 2 years in a row so we must be getting close.  

Hawks wont be back for a while, they are going to be in salary cap hell after this season with Kane and Towes 10M+ a year deals kicking in next season.  Sharp is as good as gone in the offseason along with probably one more key player.

You are right, they are not as bad as Kings fans who come to the Ponda.

Edited by halobob

Hawks wont be back for a while, they are going to be in salary cap hell after this season with Kane and Towes 10M+ a year deals kicking in next season.  Sharp is as good as gone in the offseason along with probably one more key player.

You are right, they are not as bad as Kings fans who come to the Ponda.

While you could be right somehow I doubt the Hawks fall off.  Kane and Toews are paid like that for a reason, as long as they have those 2 as well as Keith back there?  I dont see them just going away, and they certainly wont miss the playoffs and certainly wont be an easy out.  

I think you're exaggerating a tad bit on how much they might fall off.  They could lose a key player or two, but not from their big 3.  And whoever they do lose, its my understanding they have some young talent coming up much like the Ducks do.  So the Hawks winning this year means they arent as desperate next year, but still a tough out.  

Hawks taking the cup plus the Ducks making some nice moves this offseason means we are in great shape next year.  I dont think you will find a team hungrier and more determined to win next year in the West moreso than the Ducks, considering how close we came and how much this team really wants it.  Maybe a team like the Predators, or Blues, but we can count on those teams choking harder than us.  

While you could be right somehow I doubt the Hawks fall off.  Kane and Toews are paid like that for a reason, as long as they have those 2 as well as Keith back there?  I dont see them just going away, and they certainly wont miss the playoffs and certainly wont be an easy out.  

I think you're exaggerating a tad bit on how much they might fall off.  They could lose a key player or two, but not from their big 3.  And whoever they do lose, its my understanding they have some young talent coming up much like the Ducks do.  So the Hawks winning this year means they arent as desperate next year, but still a tough out.  

Hawks taking the cup plus the Ducks making some nice moves this offseason means we are in great shape next year.  I dont think you will find a team hungrier and more determined to win next year in the West moreso than the Ducks, considering how close we came and how much this team really wants it.  Maybe a team like the Predators, or Blues, but we can count on those teams choking harder than us.  

Sorry I should've said I still expect them to be a playoff team just not a cup contender.  However, you are right, if they have Kane, Towes, and Keith, until proven otherwise they are a contender.   I think next years final four in the West is Ducks vs. Kings and Blues vs. Preds barring offseason moves.  Kings are going to be well rested and very motivated next year after missing the playoffs so I am definitely worried about them.

If the Ducks are the top seed in the WC next year i'm going to be pissed. If there's one thing Murrey and Bruce need to learn from the Kings/Hawks, it's that if your good enough to win the Cup, you treat the season as a preseason to the playoffs. No more of this foolishness of thinking the most important thing in the regular season is to win games. You win what you need to get into the playoffs and concentrate on getting your skills and game to the highest level you can for the playoff run.

Oh, and why would this team want home ice next year anyway. This is obviously in their heads. Better to mix it up a little.

As far as some earlier posts on our defense next year, Do you guys know how highly Murrey values Manson? If we bring someone in, not only does Beach have to go, but in the next year or two at least one or two more. Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanan, Dupres, Manson, The guy we bring in and Theadore (coming soon)- You would have to do something with at least one of them (plus deal with Wiz and Stoner). Maybe you could make Stoner #7, but I wouldn't bet on that going over well.

Edited by deepdrive