• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks 2014-15 Thread

HaloCory22

Aw, Ducks fans -- hold those heads up high -- this series WAS THE STANLEY CUP FINALS -- just like last year's Kings-Blackhawks series.

The Ducks took the best team in the NHL to seven games and had chances to win this series..........that's pretty remarkable.

The Ducks played so well at times during this series, it was disappointing when they didn't match that level in each game.

gotta agree with some of the other posts here -- Chicago and their line up of vets like Kane, Toews, Hossa etc. was just too much,

Ducks came out flat in Game 7 and lost the game in the first period (I still think that FOURTH Chicago goal should have been waved off).

Kesler is a keeper and played hard at all times.........I thought Anderson out -played Crawford for much of the series.

Overall a disappointment for Ducks' fans today - but congrats on a great season

Last year when my team, the LA KINGS, went through the post-series handshake line with the Chicago Blackhawks -- I truly thought the better team (Chicago) had lost the series.....that's playoff hockey -- comes down to a bounce of the puck this way or that -- or the one game where a team comes out flat.........it happens.

Looking forward to the DUCKS and the KINGS making the playoffs next year -- KINGS have more work/ re-building to do to make that happen than the DUCKS IMO.

Disappointing for sure. Blackhawks are a dynasty. As soon as it was known that Kane was back for the playoffs, I knew the Ducks would need another team to take them out before meeting in the conference finals. I was hoping that would be the Wild. But they couldn't even win one game. I agree with letting Beauch go. He's done. Extending Kesler is a priority. $11M coming off the books between Souray, Beauch and Fleischmann. Let's see what kind of magic Murray can accomplish this off season.

And despite all of the poor defensive play, I would give John Gibson every chance to become the #1 goaltender going into next season.

Well that was about as close as you could get to as disappointing of a game as last years game 7.  Ducks needed to score 1st in this game and when that didn't happen it was all downhill from there.  

Beauch was definitely terrible in this series but I'll wait on saying we shouldn't resign him after the exit interviews.  I have a feeling he is dealing with a series injury.  Remember the playoffs when he played on a torn ACL?  

Well that was about as close as you could get to as disappointing of a game as last years game 7.  Ducks needed to score 1st in this game and when that didn't happen it was all downhill from there.  

Beauch was definitely terrible in this series but I'll wait on saying we shouldn't resign him after the exit interviews.  I have a feeling he is dealing with a series injury.  Remember the playoffs when he played on a torn ACL?  

If he was dealing with a serious injury, it's too bad we didn't have any experienced Dmen available.  I just wish Murray would have done something at the trade deadline to help us out in case of such a scenario.  

Wow so if we win we get Tampa Bay at home.  Couldnt have been better set up to win a cup this year.  We must show up, excecute, and win tomorrow at all costs.

Karma bitch

Hahahahaha

Yup. Don't be ridiculous. Did you guys not see he was leading the playoffs in points?

I know it obviously won't happen and probably shouldn't but something should be said at how much Getzlaf really does disappear in the must win games when his back is against the wall. Dude just doesn't bring it. Doesn't have that killer instinct. Idk, I'm mad and he was clearly the worst player on the team in Games 6 and 7 when we needed him most. Just grinds my gears.

After cooling off a little bit, I really just want another shot at the cup next year.  I guess bringing back Bruce and hoping for more progress is the best solution.  Not sure what to do about Getz, his lack of showing up in big games is frustrating.  I guess all we can hope for is to bring in a legitimate LW on the top line and maybe a #1 dman some how some way.  The depth pieces are there we just dont have the high end talent needed to close out a series.

Is it totally bad form to revoke a player's captaincy and give it to someone else? I don't mind Getzlaf as a player and he obviously puts up points, but he has no business being a team captain. 

I don't mind if he's the captain.  

It's just that if the matchup doesn't dictate it, Bruce doesn't have to keep trotting him out every shift in hopes of it getting better.  That's what the Chicago coach did.  He realized that Kessler was absolutely neutralizing his stars.  So whenever Kessler was on the ice, he pulled his stars off the ice.  When Getzlaf was on the ice, he threw his stars on the ice.  We saw what the results were in game 6 and 7.  

It wasn't a leadership issue, just like it wasn't a coaching issue. It was an execution issue and many factors contributed to that including what GB said.

For a majority of Game 7 none of the lines were connecting on more than 1 pass. Also, losing so many faceoffs in those last two games didn't help either.

Getzlaf is going to be on my shit list till he actually steps up and wins a big game. I'm sure he's a great team guy and the team loves him but ****. Essentially 6 straight no show games in 3-2 series leads.

Is it totally bad form to revoke a player's captaincy and give it to someone else? I don't mind Getzlaf as a player and he obviously puts up points, but he has no business being a team captain. 

it happens every once in a great while. the reality is, not a single person here knows what kind of leader getzlaf is, especially inside the room with the team.

unless he's shirking his duties or just not very effective at leading or being followed, don't expect the captaincy to be removed from him.