• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Americans on food stamps more than ever

The economy is supposed to be improving, yet we spent 74.6 billion dollars on food stammps.

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=e9caf453-75ca-4ad6-ae9d-9b991cd6702f

This is such a joke. You can buy monster energy drinks, mcdonalds and any crap you want at 7/11 with food stamps. Most of these people do not even need it. It is like the free and reduced lunches at schools. I see the kids getting the free breakfast in the morning, they are all watching videos on their smart phones and listening to music on their ipods.

There are people that do actually need it. But, you're right, the majority of people that have started receiving them over the last couple of years are taking advantage of the system. There's a girl that I used to work with that was so proud to say that she got like $200 per month in food stamps. She used to make comments like "paying for food at the grocery store is for suckers." I could never figure out how she qualified because she made decent money at the job.

The economy is supposed to be improving, yet we spent 74.6 billion dollars on food stammps.

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=e9caf453-75ca-4ad6-ae9d-9b991cd6702f

This is such a joke. You can buy monster energy drinks, mcdonalds and any crap you want at 7/11 with food stamps. Most of these people do not even need it. It is like the free and reduced lunches at schools. I see the kids getting the free breakfast in the morning, they are all watching videos on their smart phones and listening to music on their ipods.

I frequent whole food market pretty often, and there's a lady with a kid that goes in there everyday and buys a 10 dollar juice with foodstamps for herself.

She doesn't appear to have a job either.

A while ago, as an E-6 in the Navy my family was getting WIC.  I felt like shit taking it but every little bit helped.  I see people on both sides of the spectrum; those that truly need it and don't want to be on it, and those that are scamming the system.  The system needs to be fixed to eliminate the scammers. 

i do not condone this, but is it really any big shock?
people can live better off the government than they can with so called minimum wage or entry level jobs

we have created an economy that wants multiple skillsets for minimal wages because people are deperate enough to take jobs that pay half what they should pay all while the same companies bitch about a skills gap that doesnt exist so they can bring in more underpayed foreign workers.

There are people that do actually need it. But, you're right, the majority of people that have started receiving them over the last couple of years are taking advantage of the system. There's a girl that I used to work with that was so proud to say that she got like $200 per month in food stamps. She used to make comments like "paying for food at the grocery store is for suckers." I could never figure out how she qualified because she made decent money at the job.

Falsifying income would be my guess.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/applicant_recipients/eligibility.htm

Doesn't look like it's very easy to qualify.

Easy enough for 47 million people to receive them. Food stamps are the new soup lines. We are in a hidden depression camouflaged by $1 trillion per year printing from the Fed. The minute the punch bowl is taken away interest rates will skyrocket and the bond market will crash sending shock waves throughout the economy.

Welcome to the recovery.

My girlfriends buddy works at the DPSS office in Fontana and the dude tells us how so many people show up in Escalades to apply for social service help....generally food stamps.

He gets irate talking about it because if they meet the parameters he has to get them set up.

People aren't naive.  They take the time to study the rules and make sure they comply with the regulations.  Case in point, I had a customer Saturday that was moving and needed a lot of stuff.  When he paid he pulled out a couple pocketfuls of cash which I of course gladly accepted.  But he explained that he couldn't keep much in a checking account because his benefits would be cut.  He was very up front about it. He got disability from the time his  factory closed and he gets housing and food stamps.  Not bad for not working.  I've had coaches and teachers tell me the kids are all well schooled in how to answer questions so they get free everything.  Sad how many generations are now living on the government dole with no one in the family ever working.   

My girlfriends buddy works at the DPSS office in Fontana and the dude tells us how so many people show up in Escalades to apply for social service help....generally food stamps.

He gets irate talking about it because if they meet the parameters he has to get them set up.

No wonder they're on welfare. Escalades are so 2004.