• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Did they show the Granderson incident on tv?

Brandon

I sat behind the dude. They did kick him out, he stumbled a bit up the stairs. Everyone cheering him on was lame.

That whole right hand corner is the armpit of the stadium. I've seen so many incidents and fights in that area over the years. Some other dude got kicked out by us, not sure what it was about but they were making joint smoking gestures.

Just weird because the dude was yelling back like he had some position. I thought Granderson was going to shove him.

I was watching the Mets feed via mlb.tv(for some reason the Angels feed wasn't working) and one of the announcers saying how fans should never touch a player and how he never wanted to be touched when he played. A few innings later, the other announcer was saying how Granderson kinda overreacted and was confrontational off the bat as the fan was backing off and apologizing as they were re-showing the incident. I thought it was kinda funny they had two different opinions and didn't discuss it with each other, but voiced it separately on air in different innings.

To me it just looked like a pat on the back/shoulder.

Never sat there before, I'm too busy drinking craft beer above those peasants in the diamond/knothole club.

We had season seats for many years in Club (in front of Vlad's families suite). There was always shit going down there. The gnarliest thing I saw was a Red Sox game and because of the transplants, or bandwagoners, there were a bunch of Marines from Pendelton drinking and towards the end started Red Sox chants and started messing with people and started a brawl in the stands.

It's where poor people who wanna think they've made it big time sit. Worst seats in the stadium to actually see the game, so people get bored.

And everyone knows poor people fight when they are bored. Their poorness makes it so they can't help it.

Hey Brandon, I know your from like Norco or Chino, but you usually don't mingle with fellow poor IE'ers. Business slow or was this a pity "go along" with your neighbor who was bragging about his 3rd row seats?

Had no plans to go to the game and the lady and I were headed out to a few different evening spots. On the freeway she joked about an Angels game and I remembered we were hosting the Mets and the time on clock said 6:15. So we went last minute and picked up tickets there. I was on a business call when she bought tix but remember there were only two sections of seats left.....she went with the higher price (I actually wanted outfield seats because we weren't dressed for the cold and we would have been in the sun longer). We were up underneath club, so we weren't close to the field with the drunks and the dumb asshole in the American flag tank top that tried to start the wave multiple times during a tie game. I'm also not from those areas. 

I was watching the Mets feed via mlb.tv(for some reason the Angels feed wasn't working) and one of the announcers saying how fans should never touch a player and how he never wanted to be touched when he played. A few innings later, the other announcer was saying how Granderson kinda overreacted and was confrontational off the bat as the fan was backing off and apologizing as they were re-showing the incident. I thought it was kinda funny they had two different opinions and didn't discuss it with each other, but voiced it separately on air in different innings.

To me it just looked like a pat on the back/shoulder.

Interesting to hear about it from viewers. When it happened I wondered if they would treat it like a fan running on the field and disregard it or not talk about it, or if it was even viewable from the broadcast.

I've sat down that right field line by the foul pole and it is the barrio of Angels stadium.

I remember the old enclosed stadium days -- the view section in LF was a magical world of flying burrito sized tortillas, colorful language, and moth eating contests...  but as weird as the people in that section where you never saw any real bad behavior...  It was more of a circus act up there.  My brother and I were always amazed at how those huge tortillas could frisbee the way they did for as far as they did.

Sad to hear the RF corner has become ghetto.

Edited by Inside Pitch

We had season seats for many years in Club (in front of Vlad's families suite).

I bet that was wild. I heard Vlad's accountant had to put a cap on the amount of food/drinks his family ordered on his tab because they were so out of control.

Granderson's response seemed a bit excessive. Maybe he is ticklish.

I remember being a kid in Left Field and Downing made a similar play against the short wall and several people patted him on the back. I remember thinking "Their hands look so small on his back, that guy is huge." He didn't throw a hissy fit or even react to it.

I remember being a kid in Left Field and Downing made a similar play against the short wall and several people patted him on the back. I remember thinking "Their hands look so small on his back, that guy is huge." He didn't throw a hissy fit or even react to it.

That was his own fans. It's a little different when the opposing team is doing it.

Disagree 100%.

Granderson is doing his job - he has every expectation that strangers don't touch him.  Dude is trying to win a game, and he should be wondering if this guy is going to pull a Gamboa on him?  How about the fans keep their hands to themselves.