• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels bench

This is what I'm just not getting.  Anyone with half a brain knows that if Sosh has veterans he's going to play those veterans.  So, knowing this why would Dipoto litter the bench with crappy veterans when the organization has at least equal but probably better younger players in AAA?  Why are players like Long and Green in Salt Lake while Stewart and Cowgill are getting real playing time right now in the majors while sucking major donkey balls?

I am sure MS has some influence on who is on the 25man.  That said, getting Green and Long everyday at bats would probably be the main reason.  

I thought the hamilton injury was the perfect opportunity to see matt long but oh well.

Yeah, I dealt with the rationalization that Matt Long didn't make the team out of camp so he could get everyday ABs, but that's hard to line up with the fact that they've got 6-8 weeks of regular playing time to give someone...and they called up Shuck.

I would agree if Sosh used bench players normally. But we continue to see Stewart and Cowgill get starts. I don't want to see that. They suck.

Mt I understand your frustration but being a bench player isn't easy. We have no idea how Long or Greene would do playing once or twice a week. Guys like Hudler are few and far between.

Green is probably in AAA mostly because of his defensive problems.

No, they want him to play everyday at SS so they have the option of trading Aybar at the deadline or before (or this offseason) and give the job to Green. 

Green, Long, Lindsey and Cron need every day at bats. Period! 

Shuck will be fine, although I am really curious to see what Long can do.

If Shuck doesn't do fine I'm sure the Angels will send him down in favor of Cron or Long if they both continue to do well. 

I have a suspicion that we'll see Grant Green by the summer in a full time role at SS. 

We may lose a little on defense, but we'll gain much more on offense IMO. Green put on some muscle weight and is really driving the ball with authority to all fields. Defensively I think he'll be average. 

This feels like DejaVu.

only then I heard why play veterans when we have players such as Wood and Rodriguez rotting in AAA

This is what I'm just not getting. Anyone with half a brain knows that if Sosh has veterans he's going to play those veterans. So, knowing this why would Dipoto litter the bench with crappy veterans when the organization has at least equal but probably better younger players in AAA? Why are players like Long and Green in Salt Lake while Stewart and Cowgill are getting real playing time right now in the majors while sucking major donkey balls?

This feels like DejaVu.

only then I heard why play veterans when we have players such as Wood and Rodriguez rotting in AAA

You believe that Cowgill and Stewart are better than Long and Green?  I'm not saying they should be starting but they are better than those two hacks.  Your comparison is incorrect.