• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Skaggs wins vs Trumbombs

A lot of talk this first week about the Trumbo numbers.

So let's say he hits 40 hrs... How many wins is that worth. Is 10 wins from a lower tier starter in Skaggs worth that deal?

Obviously Ibañez and the other DHs will eat up some of those numbers but its pretty safe to say our DH won't be hitting 40, no matter who is penciled in.

I thought Skaggs was solid tonight, but I'm also aware this is Houston.

So Trumbo has 4 HRs and has driven in a good number of runs... Skaggs has a win.

A lot of people here grumble that we got hosed in Trumbo's trade.

Win-win trade?

It's way to early to decide whether this was a good or bad trade. If Skaggs develops into a solid #2 or #3 guy then this is a good trade. If he struggles and resembles Blanton then it isn't. I think getting a prospect like this is something you should always do if you have players to get it done.

Skaggs was incredible today considering his age and inexperience. I doubt we will get zero earned runs and eight innings every five days but it sure was fun to watch today. Trouts growth Josh's return to form and increased production from third base will more than offset Trumbos numbers. I am confident that we will get better pitching from Skaggs, Richards and Santiago than we did from Hanson, Blanton and Vargas. Will that translate to wins? No guarantee but I feel good about it.

The Butcher haters will fry me alive for this, but he seems to be relating and during a good job on Skaggs, you have to give him props for this.  They have returned some of his lost speed from last year, and if he can keep his command together for an entire season that would be terrific.  But he is young, and we all know there will be bumps in the road.  It should be fun to see the kid progress.

The Butcher haters will fry me alive for this, but he seems to be relating and during a good job on Skaggs, you have to give him props for this.  They have returned some of his lost speed from last year, and if he can keep his command together for an entire season that would be terrific.  But he is young, and we all know there will be bumps in the road.  It should be fun to see the kid progress.

Yeah, Weaver and Wilson have spoken very highly of Mike Butcher. Probably the reason why he's still the pitching coach.

This isn't one of "Mike's Guys" from the Dodgers. 

I think Trumbo will win NL MVP at some point. The key for Trumbo is to let his natural abilities overcome what he lacks mentally. I don't mean that in a mean way. I just think that when Trumbo starts going on these hitting terrors, his brains starts taking over and he starts thinking too much at the plate and then he starts thinking about hitting the crap out of the ball rather than just hitting the crap out of the ball. He has incredible hitting instincts.

I think he will overcome the mental aspect and put together a full year of off the chart numbers in Arizona. He would have never done this with the Angels. I don't think that was the right environment for him to overcome the mental blocks that would put him in the extended slumps he encountered in Anaheim.

i wish trumbo all the success in the world and i think a switch to an extremely friendly hitters ballpark will help make that a reality. with that said, this team needs good young pitching and we got two of them for him. it's a great trade and i hope it works out magnificently for both teams.

Tyler Skaggs may be a more valuable player as of now. Factor in his future development of possible becoming a #2/3 pitcher and their stages in their current contract and it's not very close.

That move was the best one Dipoto has made and probably the best Angels trade in the past 5 years, if not more.