• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Scioscia: Leading the Angels from the Front

Im all for keeping it positive with the team as long as we can still make fun of each other, based on their beliefs, cultures, religion etc. But I think thats pretty much what everyone else is thinking too.

Can we still make vernon wells jokes though? Hes not even here anymore afterall. You cant take away all our toys chuck.

Im all for keeping it positive with the team as long as we can still make fun of each other, based on their beliefs, cultures, religion etc. But I think thats pretty much what everyone else is thinking too.

Can we still make vernon wells jokes though? Hes not even here anymore afterall. You cant take away all our toys chuck.

If we can't make fun of Vernon or even Blanton I will commit suicide.

As long as I can still vent and throw a fit during the game when the Angels are playing like crap, I don't mind the rules being more strict. I don't mind it as much as a lot of other people here do, but I definitely understand how it can be grating. When you have a thread with a positive idea (such as this one) and people are bringing up something else entirely, like Pujols' contract or whatever, then I get that it can be annoying.

If this is a way to censor any and all negativity then I will definitely leave. However I don't think this is the case.

To me it depends on how the team plays.  Everybody's optimistic in the spring because it's a new season, and if the team plays well it'll continue and if they don't it'll dissipate.  The usually positive crowd was saying worse stuff about Scioscia than me near the end of last season, lol.

To me it depends on how the team plays. Everybody's optimistic in the spring because it's a new season, and if the team plays well it'll continue and if they don't it'll dissipate. The usually positive crowd was saying worse stuff about Scioscia than me near the end of last season, lol.

That's just it. People have been complaining about the team, Pujols, Hamilton, Arte and Dipoto even during the offseason and spring.

Most of the people who have responded in thread to my message should have nothing to worry about and like I said, there's a time and a place for venting. A big difference from trolling or creating threads that discuss the same regurgitated garbage that vilify some of the Angels brass or players.

Easiest thing to do is just create an Angels Vent forum.

I remember long ago when there used to be separate gameday and vent threads.  90% of posts would just end up in one thread or the other, depending on whether they won or lost that particular game.  

I remember long ago when there used to be separate gameday and vent threads.  90% of posts would just end up in one thread or the other, depending on whether they won or lost that particular game.  

The gameday threads would be about three pages, tops.  The vent threads would be about 10 pages, and this was for most of the games.  Good times.

This is not a bad idea.

Well, I figure we have hangout, political, tech, and even god forums here, so why not just create a vent forum to make everyone happy.  The main forum will be nothing but happy happy joy joy filled with rays of sunshine while the doom and gloomers are sitting in their own misery in the vent forum.  Everybody wins, and no one gets banned for not being an apologist or a nutswinger.

Well, I figure we have hangout, political, tech, and even god forums here, so why not just create a vent forum to make everyone happy.  The main forum will be nothing but happy happy joy joy filled with rays of sunshine while the doom and gloomers are sitting in their own misery in the vent forum.  Everybody wins, and no one gets banned for not being an apologist or a nutswinger.

This site would be far better if there were only two sub-forums: general angels baseball discussion and off-topic discussion.

Having too many sub-forums usually results in emptiness and lack of activity. Consolidating everything would ensure that all discussion is viewed by the bulk of users.

I really like this community, though, and the most appealing aspect is being able to vent, rant, or even argue with Chuck (my favorite thing to do!) without fear of being banned. This community is considerably mature, and I think removing the ability to vent or express oneself would be detrimental. Most of the humor here comes from those types of discussions—and who doesn't love a good Blanton bash? It's all in good spirit. Conversely, any sort of hate speech, racism, deliberate personal attacks should warrant a ban.

That's just my opinion. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do their job, I just really like this place and would hate to see it lose its charm.

This site would be far better if there were only two sub-forums: general angels baseball discussion and off-topic discussion.

Having too many sub-forums usually results in emptiness and lack of activity. Consolidating everything would ensure that all discussion is viewed by the bulk of users.

I really like this community, though, and the most appealing aspect is being able to vent, rant, or even argue with Chuck (my favorite thing to do!) without fear of being banned. This community is considerably mature, and I think removing the ability to vent or express oneself would be detrimental. Most of the humor here comes from those types of discussions—and who doesn't love a good Blanton bash? It's all in good spirit. Conversely, any sort of hate speech, racism, deliberate personal attacks should warrant a ban.

That's just my opinion. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do their job, I just really like this place and would hate to see it lose its charm.

Thanks for the compliments!

I think you're misunderstanding the new experience putting in place. By scaling back on the negativity and by ridding ourselves of those who vomit pessimistic agendas, we are going to invite more good conversation, which will also including venting and expressing frustrations.

To think we're just going to just a RAH RAH Angels community is misunderstood and unfounded.

There's no reason to create a new forum for venting only when we have a ShoutBox at the bottom of every page to vent and let our frustrations in real time.

Thanks for the compliments!

I think you're misunderstanding the new experience putting in place. By scaling back on the negativity and by ridding ourselves of those who vomit pessimistic agendas, we are going to invite more good conversation, which will also including venting and expressing frustrations.

To think we're just going to just a RAH RAH Angels community is misunderstood and unfounded.

There's no reason to create a new forum for venting only when we have a ShoutBox at the bottom of every page to vent and let our frustrations in real time.

Thanks, Chuck. While your intentions are, undoubtedly, good, I feel that the criteria you've established (thus far) is too subjective. What exactly constitutes negativity? At what point does criticism become construed as negativity? If I criticize a moderator's favorite player, will my thread get locked? It certainly seems possible as people naturally interpret things differently.

(Also, I wasn't condoning the creation of venting forum)

Thanks, Chuck. While your intentions are, undoubtedly, good, I feel that the criteria you've established (thus far) is too subjective. What exactly constitutes negativity? At what point does criticism become construed as negativity? If I criticize a moderator's favorite player, will my thread get locked? It certainly seems possible as people naturally interpret things differently.

(Also, I wasn't condoning the creation of venting forum)

What exactly constitutes negativity? Those who beat a dead horse on the same topics and offer nothing but negativity. We will be ridding ourselves of those types. Those who have an agenda to do nothing but vilify certain players, the manager or FO.

At what point does criticism become construed as negativity? Criticism will never be construed as negativity here. It never has, it never will. Trolls and those with an agenda will be gone. For instance, if this was established last spring and Mile High Dreams pulled his Peter Bourjos trolling, he'd be gone. He would hijack threads all the time with a personal agenda against P-Bo. He had to let us know how much he sucked.

If I criticize a moderator's favorite player, will my thread get locked? Absolutely not. Though if a player's family member is a known reader of this forum, you may get a PM from me or a Mod if your criticism was unfair or classless.

What exactly constitutes negativity? Those who beat a dead horse on the same topics and offer nothing but negativity. We will be ridding ourselves of those types. Those who have an agenda to do nothing but vilify certain players, the manager or FO.

AO's days are numbered.  :(

I'm gonna miss him

Edited by Jim