• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Four Things to Look For from Mike Scioscia in 2014

You guys are in for a dissapointment then.  That isn't how Sosh manages.  He will always manage long term.  Mixing lineups.  Giving his vets long looks.  He has been doing the same thing his entire tenure as a manager.

He isn't going to change.  It's really weird that people would expect him to stop doing what has brought him more success than failure over his managerial career. 

He's made the playoffs 6 times, and missed it 8 times.  The Fat Man will continue being as complacent as his boss and the fanbase are.

i dont mind meddling with the lineup as long as it makes sense, but anyone who puts erick aybar and his .240 obp at the leadoff spot has no business managing a baseball team WHATSOEVER.  There's a difference between trying out new things and sheer stupidty.  Scioscia just has sheer stupidity.

Aybar never had an OBP of .240 or anything even near that.  I get your point and I don't want him leading off either (although given our lack of options for that spot...), but throwing out BS like that doesn't help your argument.  

Just another year wasted with the best player in baseball. We need to stop wasting years and start winning otherwise Mike Trout will be long gone. 

Maybe this is true, but I get annoyed reading this. Are the Angels that bad an organization that players don't think we'll win soon or think that it's badly run?

Players, more than any other baseball men, should know how hard it is to win. Just because Trout jumps to the Yanks or Phils doesn't mean he's going to get a ring. If he leaves, it will be because of the money more than anything else.

Maybe this is true, but I get annoyed reading this. Are the Angels that bad an organization that players don't think we'll win soon or think that it's badly run?

Players, more than any other baseball men, should know how hard it is to win. Just because Trout jumps to the Yanks or Phils doesn't mean he's going to get a ring. If he leaves, it will be because of the money more than anything else.

He will leave/stay for both the money and the chance to win. You're telling me a young guy like him that might miss the playoffs a majority of his career so far would not want more shots in October? If all things were the same money-wise, he would go to the team with the best shot to win and if the Angels don't prove that this is a place he can win, then I believe that will dictate his move in end. 

And for this part, "Are the Angels that bad an organization that players don't think we'll win soon or think that it's badly run?", I think we are teetering on this being the normal thought as opposed to the opposite. 

Aybar never had an OBP of .240 or anything even near that.  I get your point and I don't want him leading off either (although given our lack of options for that spot...), but throwing out BS like that doesn't help your argument.  

haha are you serious.  aybar had a .240-250 obp around in may and yes scioscia actually put him at leadoff.  if you're referring to his season numbers then thats why you have no idea what you are talking about.