• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tanaka to the Yankees

I said from day one that the Yankees would not allow themselves to be outbid in this. That is exactly what happened - although I'm sure that I was far from alone in holding that opinion. When the Yankees don't make the playoffs, they usually spend a crapload of money the following offseason. It is going to be fun to watch this, because even if Tanaka is everything they hope he will be, the Yankees have an old,expensive team. They are going to have one of the worst infields in the American League, their outfield isn't exactly young and they overspent for Pedroia, IMO.

One poster seems to be missing from this thread - the "analytical" one. Don't worry, pal. Even though you skewered people for not buying into what you were selling, I still have a gift for you - a beach ball that I held back just for you. You will need it where you are headed.

MLB0059-706.jpg

Oh my god.  I hate to say this.  I really do since I am an Angels fan.  But how many WS Championships do the Yankees have?  And tell me again how many do the Angels have?

Case closed.  Goodnight.    

Edited by No Marbles

Okay look, we can say that we really didn't want Tanaka or whatever.

Fact of the matter is the Yankees have made the postseason 17 of the last 19 years. You know why? Because they go out and buy talent.

We need to start shelling out the money. Bottom line. 

Okay look, we can say that we really didn't want Tanaka or whatever.

Fact of the matter is the Yankees have made the postseason 17 of the last 19 years. You know why? Because they go out and buy talent.

We need to start shelling out the money. Bottom line.

We need to buy the right talent. Matthews Jr., Vernon Wells, Albert Pujols and Hamilton Are not exactly a stellar track record.

The only two free agent contracts worth more than $30 million that have remotely worked out have been Torii and CJ Wilson.

I agree with everything you guys said. 

I'm just saying the Yankees have proven that if you have the money to consistently fill out gaps in your roster every offseason with talent, then you're going to win more than you lose. 

Tanaka would have taken our rotation to the level we needed this season. I'm not going to deny this fact. 

I agree with everything you guys said.

I'm just saying the Yankees have proven that if you have the money to consistently fill out gaps in your roster every offseason with talent, then you're going to win more than you lose.

Tanaka would have taken our rotation to the level we needed this season. I'm not going to deny this fact.

Well, I agree with your first sentence. As far as the second sentence, well, I wanted Tanaka as much as anyone, but to say it is a fact that he takes our rotation to a different level, that is just a complete unknown.

Well, I agree with your first sentence. As far as the second sentence, well, I wanted Tanaka as much as anyone, but to say it is a fact that he takes our rotation to a different level, that is just a complete unknown.

I would say there is a larger chance of Tanaka being successful this season than Albert Pujols returning to form. 

Yes, he's wrong. They don't have more money than both the Dodgers and Angels combined. That's a ridiculous claim to make.

Edit: also, the Yankees have been strict with their cash the last 2-3 years? Hilarious.

Nice to see people making blanket statements without ever researching facts.

The Yankees organization is worth $2.3 billion with 2% debt and a revenue of $451 million per year.

The Dodgers organization is worth $1.65 billion with 26% debt and a revenue of $245 million per year

The Angels organization is worth $718 million with 3% debt and a revenue of $239 million per year.

It looks on paper the Angels and Dodgers have more spending money but 26% debt on $2.3 billion is a big check to write every year in payments. In real world finances the Yankees are worth more than the Dodgers and Angels combined and have far more latitude in spending than either club considering the obvious, their $451 million goes to pay for 25 not 50 players like the Angels and Dodgers combined.

The Yankees organization is worth $2.3 billion with 2% debt and a revenue of $451 million per year.

The Dodgers organization is worth $1.65 billion with 26% debt and a revenue of $245 million per year

The Angels organization is worth $718 million with 3% debt and a revenue of $239 million per year.

It looks on paper the Angels and Dodgers have more spending money but 26% debt on $2.3 billion is a big check to write every year in payments. In real world finances the Yankees are worth more than the Dodgers and Angels combined and have far more latitude in spending than either club considering the obvious, their $451 million goes to pay for 25 not 50 players like the Angels and Dodgers combined.

This was pretty obvious. The Yankees are LOADED.

I would say there is a larger chance of Tanaka being successful this season than Albert Pujols returning to form.

Depends on what you mean return to form. If you are saying that Tanaka will be better than 2012 Pujols, then I would say you are wrong. Not to mention, it doesn't really matter which one is better, because Albert being on the team had little to nothing to do with the Angels evaluating Tanaka's worth. Oh and I fully expect to see Albert put up numbers at least as good as 2012.

Depends on what you mean return to form. If you are saying that Tanaka will be better than 2012 Pujols, then I would say you are wrong. Not to mention, it doesn't really matter which one is better, because Albert being on the team had little to nothing to do with the Angels evaluating Tanaka's worth. Oh and I fully expect to see Albert put up numbers at least as good as 2012.

Just as long as Pujols' April 2014 and September 2014 don't mimic the 2012 versions, and he hits solidly throughout, I'll be much happier. 

It isn't too late for Hamilton's contract to work out. There have been quite a few players to sign multiyear deals and have had poor first years, only to improve after that.

We can only hope that he mimics Don Baylor, who was booed in 1977 and was AL MVP by 1979.

Maybe not winning AL MVP, but in getting his OPS back up to mid/upper .800s.

The Yankees organization is worth $2.3 billion with 2% debt and a revenue of $451 million per year.

It looks on paper the Angels and Dodgers have more spending money but 26% debt on $2.3 billion is a big check to write every year in payments. In real world finances the Yankees are worth more than the Dodgers and Angels combined and have far more latitude in spending than either club considering the obvious, their $451 million goes to pay for 25 not 50 players like the Angels and Dodgers combined.

Are you using Forbes' numbers? All three teams are worth far, far more than that.

The Dodgers are worth what the market will pay... What did McBankrupt get for the team again?

Edited by YouthofToday

Yes, I am using facts from a financial website. What those fools paid McCourt is pretty meaningless considering they didn't even get the parking lot for that price.

I love the Business of Baseball article Forbes does every year.  It's worth noting they are taking guesses, but whatever -- Arte bought the team for 184 Mil and seen the value rise to at least 718 Mil.   When you consider Disney lost money during their ownership of the team, you have to figure Moreno is pretty stoked.  His net worth at the time of the purchased was estimated at around 980 M...  Ten years in, he's nearly doubled his estimated net worth..  Not too shabby...