• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tanaka to the Yankees

insane is relevant... for the Yankees.. its monopoly money to them.. they likely have more than us and the dodgers combined.
This is why all the things they do are bad for the game.. a week ago everyone was all talking about how they had nothing to spend.. clearly, that was smoke. 

insane is relevant... for the Yankees.. its monopoly money to them.. they likely have more than us and the dodgers combined.

No, just no. Please stop posting stupid things. Almost all your posts are riddled with inaccuracies.

I actually think what the Yankees are doing is somewhat good for baseball. 

They have won one WS title in the last 13 years. 

Since 2003, they have paid almost $300mil in luxury tax in addition to their payroll. 

Other teams who can't spend what they do to maintain a competitive team (or even as much as other large payroll teams) have been forced to find value in ways that are unique and cutting edge.  As a result, the game has evolved.

The yankees are expected to win so when they do it's sort of meh whatever.  But when they lose, it brings me and other non yankee fans great joy.

No, just no. Please stop posting stupid things. Almost all your posts are riddled with inaccuracies.

Is he wrong? Do you know how much the Yankees are worth? I mean there is no American team (in all major sports) more well known around the world than the Yankees. The past 2-3 years they've been pretty strict with their cash, for god knows why; either way they're back to being the Evil Empire. 

Is he wrong? Do you know how much the Yankees are worth? I mean there is no American team (in all major sports) more well known around the world than the Yankees. The past 2-3 years they've been pretty strict with their cash, for god knows why; either way they're back to being the Evil Empire. 

I wouldn't go that far, considering most of the world doesn't care about Baseball.

I would wager the Lakers and Bulls are more well known around the world as far as American Sports teams are concerned.

Yes, he's wrong. They don't have more money than both the Dodgers and Angels combined. That's a ridiculous claim to make.

Edit: also, the Yankees have been strict with their cash the last 2-3 years? Hilarious.

Edited by failos

I wouldn't go that far, considering most of the world doesn't care about Baseball.

I would wager the Lakers and Bulls are more well known around the world as far as American Sports teams are concerned.

No lmao. You are so wrong it's hilarious. Nobody cares about baseball but EVERYBODY knows about the Yankees. I bet you've never even traveled the world. The Yankee logo and name (specifically their hats) are the most well known team product from North America globally. I've visited many places in Europe, Australia, Africa and Asia. People probably know Kobe (loved in Europe, Asia and Africa)/MJ (loved everywhere due to his shoes and obvious fame) more than they know the Yankees, but the Yankees name and logo is the more well known than the Lakers/Bulls.

Yes, he's wrong. They don't have more money than both the Dodgers and Angels combined. That's a ridiculous claim to make.

Edit: also, the Yankees have been strict with their cash the last 2-3 years? Hilarious.

Strict in Yankees terms, they did try to avoid the CBT in 2012 and 2013, successfully doing so in both. Obviously the Yankees don't have more money than both combined, but it's probably pretty close. That team rakes in more money than you can imagine every year.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

Glad the Angels didn't do this. Hope this bites the Yankees in the ass. You have Ellsbury, CC, Teixeira, Tanaka, McCann, A-Rod, and Beltran on the books for the foreseeable future, those will suck in a couple years. Ichiro, Gardner, Roberts, Johnson, Jeter, Soriano, Kuroda, Robertson, and Thornton are FA's after this season and they have zero depth. F*** you Yankees, you're in  a worse position than the Angels.

What exactly is their strategy? They played it cheap in 2013 and basically gave up on the season, fielding a team of replacement-level players and losing Russell Martin in the process and they still didn't get out from under the cap.

Then they abandon their goal to stay under the tax threshold and sign a bunch of ridiculous contracts while failing to address their infield and bullpen.

No lmao. You are so wrong it's hilarious. Nobody cares about baseball but EVERYBODY knows about the Yankees. I bet you've never even traveled the world. The Yankee logo and name (specifically their hats) are the most well known team product from North America globally. I've visited many places in Europe, Australia, Africa and Asia. People probably know Kobe (loved in Europe, Asia and Africa)/MJ (loved everywhere due to his shoes and obvious fame) more than they know the Yankees, but the Yankees name and logo is the more well known than the Lakers/Bulls.

Strict in Yankees terms, they did try to avoid the CBT in 2012 and 2013, successfully doing so in both. Obviously the Yankees don't have more money than both combined, but it's probably pretty close. That team rakes in more money than you can imagine every year.

Funny, considering I lived abroad for close to 20 years of my life, but believe what you want. It's not an argument I'm willing to have.

i doubt this... i know people oversees they all know the Yanks, some know the Lakers, the rest couldnt name a player on the bulls since Jordan.

thank you... and i agree there is virtually no team in any sport aside from Manchester united for globally known even to the most casual of fans.

As much as I think Tanaka will be successful in this league with a legit chance at becoming a #1 starter, the Angels just couldn't make that kind of longterm commitment in money and years before any deal for Trout.  Tanaka is a stud, but Trout should be the next one in line for receiving a mega deal from this team.

as your are with assumed superiority... you dont know the truth any more than i do which i why i said likely.. or do you need me to define the word?

What..? Sorry, I don't speak babble.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/ana/angels-sit-out-masahiro-tanaka-sweepstakes?ymd=20140122&content_id=66964996&vkey=news_ana

Angels GM Jerry Dipoto told reporters, including MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez, that his team was never very involved with Tanaka and did not make a formal offer (Twitter link). As Gonzalez further explains, the Halos will instead either try to fit Matt Garza within the team's approximately $15MM of 2014 budget space or hunt for a good deal from amongst the cheaper open-market options.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/ana/angels-sit-out-masahiro-tanaka-sweepstakes?ymd=20140122&content_id=66964996&vkey=news_ana

Angels GM Jerry Dipoto told reporters, including MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez, that his team was never very involved with Tanaka and did not make a formal offer (Twitter link). As Gonzalez further explains, the Halos will instead either try to fit Matt Garza within the team's approximately $15MM of 2014 budget space or hunt for a good deal from amongst the cheaper open-market options.

I knew he was going to say that. Whether it's true or not, I don't know.

this news could have been announced last month............

I said from day one that the Yankees would not allow themselves to be outbid in this. That is exactly what happened - although I'm sure that I was far from alone in holding that opinion. When the Yankees don't make the playoffs, they usually spend a crapload of money the following offseason. It is going to be fun to watch this, because even if Tanaka is everything they hope he will be, the Yankees have an old,expensive team. They are going to have one of the worst infields in the American League, their outfield isn't exactly young and they overspent for Pedroia, IMO.

One poster seems to be missing from this thread - the "analytical" one. Don't worry, pal. Even though you skewered people for not buying into what you were selling, I still have a gift for you - a beach ball that I held back just for you. You will need it where you are headed.

MLB0059-706.jpg

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan