• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moreno speaks

@jonmorosi: Angels owner Arte Moreno told me he is "very optimistic" about deal with Anaheim to keep team at Angel Stadium into mid-2030s.

@jonmorosi: Moreno said deal being discussed involves team paying for infrastructure improvements and receiving revenue from redevelopment in area.

@jonmorosi: Arte Moreno said Angels are still trying to improve pitching; they did not meet with Tanaka but he confirmed talks with Matt Garza.

jonmorosi 1:16pm via Twitter for iPhone

Arte Moreno said today there is "nothing to speak of" in terms of progress on a long-term deal for Mike Trout. @FOXSports1

Come on, Arte.

Come on, Scott. There is no reason to talk extended contract when Trout has not even scratched arbitration. You guys are jumping the gun here, following the talking heads hype and not being even close to sensible.

Come on, Scott. There is no reason to talk extended contract when Trout has not even scratched arbitration. You guys are jumping the gun here, following the talking heads hype and not being even close to sensible.

My sarcasm didn't come through.  Should have used a few !!!!!!!'s

Just as long as it's not another piddling 5% raise, I'm cool.

That can't look good in the long run.   Even giving him a raise to just $1.5 million at least immediately recognizes his 2012 and 2013 seasons.  

That is such a foolish statement.  The Angels have leverage right now before he hits arbitration.  Right now he isn't guaranteed millions.  Right now he is only guaranteed 500K  and he is an injury away from having his future wealth disappear.  That is why the time is no later than this spring to extend him.  If you wait until arbitration, Trout will be making 10+ million dollars and one year closer to FA.  It will be a hell of a lot easier for Trout to pass on a 240 million contract when he is making 10+ million than when he is making 500K.  If you wait until the Angels lose leverage than issues besides money may take effect:  such as would he like to play on a east coast or close to home?  Trout will not pass on a mega deal now.  It will be easier for him to pass on a mega deal in arbitration because he already has millions.

Just as long as it's not another piddling 5% raise, I'm cool.

That can't look good in the long run.   Even giving him a raise to just $1.5 million at least immediately recognizes his 2012 and 2013 seasons.  

I've seen you raise this issue in other topics, and I understand what you're saying, but again, it's not like the Angels are being cheap and not giving him a raise, it's the system that was agreed to by players and owners.  Trout deserves a whole lot more than what his salary is, but the system dictates the scale.  He should know that, his agent should know that.  I'm sure everyone involved is well aware he will be paid soon and the Angels most likely will do so after Opening Day or later this season when they can extend him without the luxury tax ramifications.