• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 HOF Vote (Angelswin Results are in!)

mancini79

I really don't agree with Morris being deserving.

Player A career fWAR: 52.7

Player B career fWAR: 53.3

Player A is Jack Morris. Player B is Kevin Appier.

Morris was a nice pitcher but he isn't HOF material. His one great World Series is really making him a more popular candidate.

But but but Jack Morris "pitched to the score" better than anybody in the history of the game!

No way would I vote for piazza for HOF. His masquerade as a catcher was a joke. They were putting him in HOF while he was still a dodger for crying out loud. I seem to recall most of his RBI as meaningless. There were a lot of whispers about PEDs. And why would the Dodgers, a team that historically keeps homegrown players, trade las orcas godson? There is definitely an untold story here. Plus he was a pickle bait dodger.

His masquerading as a catcher is overstated by people who want to rip him.  Defensively he had his struggles throwing, but that's only partially on him -- his staffs were famous for long windups and being slow to the plate while with the Dodgers.  A great deal of his leading his leagues in some negative counting stats defensively also had to do with the reality he was typically in the top 3 for games played at C.   

Mike Piazza ended his career with a plus dWar, and 143 OPS+ as a catcher.  If the HOF has room for Paul Molitor there is no viable argument that can be made for not including a guy like Piazza.  

I really don't agree with Morris being deserving. 

Player A career fWAR: 52.7

Player B career fWAR: 53.3

Player A is Jack Morris. Player B is Kevin Appier. 

Morris was a nice pitcher but he isn't HOF material. His one great World Series is really making him a more popular candidate. 

So when does the Chuck Finley for the HOF campaign start?  Fin had a better ERA+, struck out more batters in about 800 fewer innings and oh yeah -- he posted a higher WAR over that time too, 55.9.

I tried doing this and all of my picks came to players connected to steroids, save Maddux and Glavine. It really comes down to whether you support players with those connections being in the HOF or not. If not the choices are pretty easy.

I don't support steroid use or cheating in any way, but aren't the same people who vote for the HOF the ones voting for MVP awards? Seems kind of stupid.

I tried doing this and all of my picks came to players connected to steroids, save Maddux and Glavine. It really comes down to whether you support players with those connections being in the HOF or not. If not the choices are pretty easy.

I don't support steroid use or cheating in any way, but aren't the same people who vote for the HOF the ones voting for MVP awards? Seems kind of stupid.

Just vote for Jack Clark and be prepared for at least 4 pages of love. 

Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
Greg Maddux
Edgar Martinez
Mike Mussina
Mike Piazza
Tim Raines
Curt Schilling
Frank Thomas
Alan Trammell

There are probably at least five or six guys who are also deserving but who can't make the cut with a maximum of ten votes. The BBWAA has really ****ed this all up. Watch them not elect anyone again this year, even with almost 20 deserving candidates. I wonder what it would take to get the HoF to throw them out and find a new voting body that will actually elect people...