• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 HOF Vote (Angelswin Results are in!)

mancini79

Just look at the voting for the All Star Game. That isn't a process I want for deciding who is enshrined at Cooperstown. Every Yankee of any significance would make the HOF.

I don't feel this is true at all. Bernie Williams did not make it, Donny Baseball is not in. As far as I know, nearly all the yankees that are in, is because they deserve it.

Just look at the voting for the All Star Game. That isn't a process I want for deciding who is enshrined at Cooperstown. Every Yankee of any significance would make the HOF.

Again, there are ways to reduce the quantity of times a fan can vote through the Internet with simple programming. The All-Star game encourages fans to vote as often as possible.

just a crime that Craig Biggio wasn't voted in last year and then missed by two votes this year.

to me, Biggio is a first time ballot HOF guy more so than Frank Thomas..........(although Frank Thomas absolutely should be IN and now he is).

Maddux, a no brainer.....perhaps one of the smartest, if not the smartest pitchers ever in MLB (Orel Hershiser was pretty sharp, too),

A good video would be one with some Tony Gwynn Jr. AB's vs. Maddux and some hitting coach/ pitching coach commentary on the pitch selection and the hitter's swing.......

Was very pleased to see Tom Glavine get in.........over-shadowed by Maddux and others over the years but a very solid pitcher and guy who did something that only a few other pitchers have accomplished (Dennis Eckersley)......to be a top line, ace level starting rotation guy and then turn around and be an ALL STAR quality closer.......

just a crime that Craig Biggio wasn't voted in last year and then missed by two votes this year.

to me, Biggio is a first time ballot HOF guy more so than Frank Thomas..........(although Frank Thomas absolutely should be IN and now he is).

Maddux, a no brainer.....perhaps one of the smartest, if not the smartest pitchers ever in MLB (Orel Hershiser was pretty sharp, too),

A good video would be one with some Tony Gwynn Jr. AB's vs. Maddux and some hitting coach/ pitching coach commentary on the pitch selection and the hitter's swing.......

Was very pleased to see Tom Glavine get in.........over-shadowed by Maddux and others over the years but a very solid pitcher and guy who did something that only a few other pitchers have accomplished (Dennis Eckersley)......to be a top line, ace level starting rotation guy and then turn around and be an ALL STAR quality closer.......

Glavine was never a closer. You are confused with Smoltz.

Saw Jeff Fletcher's comments re Biggio........

Obviously, I disagree........name another player who made the ALL STAR team at THREE different positions (and had 3,000 hits and Biggio had something like 300 stolen bases plus fell just short of 250 HRs).

He's a first ballot guy in my book -- then there was his team leadership skills as well..........

Hope he makes it next year.

Saw Jeff Fletcher's comments re Biggio........

Obviously, I disagree........name another player who made the ALL STAR team at THREE different positions (and had 3,000 hits and Biggio had something like 300 stolen bases plus fell just short of 250 HRs).

He's a first ballot guy in my book -- then there was his team leadership skills as well..........

Hope he makes it next year.

Yea Biggio was incredible. Like you said all star at three positions. 291 HR (Played in a huge pitchers park), 414 SB, 3060 Hits, 668 HR, 1175 RBI, 1844 Runs,