• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How long have you been a fan?

Mattyball1212

Hello fellow Angels fans,

I have been a fan since 1979. Gone through a lot of bad years and some disappointing years. 2002 was incredible. I can say that I believe in our owner and our management. Last few years haven't been what they thought it would be but everyone was excited when the Angels signed Pujols and Wilson 2 years ago. Last year they signed Hamilton instead of Grienke and to be honest paying a pitcher that plays 1 out of 5 days more than a position player all I know if I'm Trout and the Angels sign Grienke for the contract he received from the Dodgers I come and say I want five times more because Im on the field everyday making a difference not just every fifth day. Not all position players can say this but Trout could and the Angels figured a line up featuring Trout Pujols and Hamilton that anyone of use could go out there and pitch and still have a chance to win. We do not need to win 1-0 ballgames as we used to. Whether the Angels win or lose there will always be my team. Another thing that bothers me is when we boo our own players. Like booing them is going to make them perform better. My opinion is we as fans should not know the money the players make. I could care less. I enjoy baseball and unless I'm working in the front office for a sports team in charge of the team budget I do not need to know. True fans will never boo their team. they have the right to but they should not. Think of it this way for the adults if your kid is out there playing little league and he tries really hard but he strikes out a lot and his own teams parents are booing him wouldn't that make you mad. You think these players don't care they do. They don't like striking out who would? for those that say they get paid so they don't care? They are working for their next contract so for that reason they do? They spend like the money they make just like we all do so don't think just because they make millions they have money. Most of them didn't finish college and don't have any idea how to finance their money. When you go to the BIG A please cheer the Angels on. The fans can make a difference. They are all pro baseball players and skill is there and the rest is mental and good positive energy goes along way. This is just one fans opinion. Go Angels and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. See you at the Big A.

All I was trying to say is that baseball players no matter how old you are strike out. Does not mean that they didn't try but fans think if a pro player strikes out its because he didn't try and not because he is going against a pro pitcher that got to the majors because he can strike batters out or just get them out. Why boo them. Is that going to get him to get a hit the next time? Think about it and you are a player and you just struck out and your home fans boo you. Is that going to give you confidence the next time up? It's not and instead of supporting your player by lets get them next time you boo and say you suck and that carries to your next at bat and the slump continues. Take it as you want I just think positive energy is better and shows good sportsmanship to the kids at the stadium.

Been actively a fan since my parents reared me (not that!) on Angels baseball. So since about the mid-70's when I was about 5 years old (1977) when I really started playing catch with my dad. I took a hiatus after my parents died in '93 and '96 and sort of watched them from afar. Became reengaged in 2002 for obvious reasons! :D  I had been "away" too long anyway.

All I was trying to say is that baseball players no matter how old you are strike out. Does not mean that they didn't try but fans think if a pro player strikes out its because he didn't try and not because he is going against a pro pitcher that got to the majors because he can strike batters out or just get them out. Why boo them. Is that going to get him to get a hit the next time? Think about it and you are a player and you just struck out and your home fans boo you. Is that going to give you confidence the next time up? It's not and instead of supporting your player by lets get them next time you boo and say you suck and that carries to your next at bat and the slump continues. Take it as you want I just think positive energy is better and shows good sportsmanship to the kids at the stadium.

Ohhhh boy

Hello fellow Angels fans,

I have been a fan since 1979. Gone through a lot of bad years and some disappointing years. 2002 was incredible. I can say that I believe in our owner and our management. Last few years haven't been what they thought it would be but everyone was excited when the Angels signed Pujols and Wilson 2 years ago. Last year they signed Hamilton instead of Grienke and to be honest paying a pitcher that plays 1 out of 5 days more than a position player all I know if I'm Trout and the Angels sign Grienke for the contract he received from the Dodgers I come and say I want five times more because Im on the field everyday making a difference not just every fifth day. Not all position players can say this but Trout could and the Angels figured a line up featuring Trout Pujols and Hamilton that anyone of use could go out there and pitch and still have a chance to win. We do not need to win 1-0 ballgames as we used to. Whether the Angels win or lose there will always be my team. Another thing that bothers me is when we boo our own players. Like booing them is going to make them perform better. My opinion is we as fans should not know the money the players make. I could care less. I enjoy baseball and unless I'm working in the front office for a sports team in charge of the team budget I do not need to know. True fans will never boo their team. they have the right to but they should not. Think of it this way for the adults if your kid is out there playing little league and he tries really hard but he strikes out a lot and his own teams parents are booing him wouldn't that make you mad. You think these players don't care they do. They don't like striking out who would? for those that say they get paid so they don't care? They are working for their next contract so for that reason they do? They spend like the money they make just like we all do so don't think just because they make millions they have money. Most of them didn't finish college and don't have any idea how to finance their money. When you go to the BIG A please cheer the Angels on. The fans can make a difference. They are all pro baseball players and skill is there and the rest is mental and good positive energy goes along way. This is just one fans opinion. Go Angels and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. See you at the Big A.

1979 - a great year. Became a fan when Carew, my favorite player then, was traded to the Angels.

Since 1999. I'm only 23, so not as long as some of you guys. One of my best Memories: I remember wearing my Angels cap to 7th grade every single day. Everyone would make fun of the Angels and tell me to go wear a Yankees hat instead--which is pretty sad since I live in SoCal. I would hear about how much the Angels suck, and how the rally money is lame. To their credit, the Angels did suck, but I never took that hat off that year, because I really felt that team was special. That season magically ended with a World Series; and everyone didn't dare say anything bad about my red cap again. In fact, those bashers suddenly became fans of the Angels.

Witnessing the sudden influx of new Angels fans was my first insight into the very worst type of human: the bandwagoner. Regardless, . sticking by the Angels, even when they were a joke, made me understand the value of never abandoning your beliefs and never giving up hope regardless of the odds against you. When you are eventually right, the naysayers will become bandwagoners out of shame for what they couldn't believe in. Powerful stuff for a 7th grader.

Since 1999. I'm only 23, so not as long as some of you guys. One of my best Memories: I remember wearing my Angels cap to 7th grade every single day. Everyone would make fun of the Angels and tell me to go wear a Yankees hat instead--which is pretty sad since I live in SoCal. I would hear about how much the Angels suck, and how the rally money is lame. To their credit, the Angels did suck, but I never took that hat off that year, because I really felt that team was special. That season magically ended with a World Series; and everyone didn't dare say anything bad about my red cap again. In fact, those bashers suddenly became fans of the Angels.

Witnessing the sudden influx of new Angels fans was my first insight into the very worst type of human: the bandwagoner. Regardless, . sticking by the Angels, even when they were a joke, made me understand the value of never abandoning your beliefs and never giving up hope regardless of the odds against you. When you are eventually right, the naysayers will become bandwagoners out of shame for what they couldn't believe in. Powerful stuff for a 7th grader.

Do you still have hat? Might be a good time to put it back on just in case.

Do you still have hat? Might be a good time to put it back on just in case.

The hat became cursed last year.

I made the mistake of letting a Mike Trout look alike sign it before a game early last season. I had too much to drink, and foolishly thought Mike Trout was signing my hat--but something was off. I became suspicious when I noticed how excited/surprised the imposter was at getting a request to sign something. He even began tearing up at the thought of having a fan. His awkward words and soulless gaze were so familiar; he gave off a unique sense of desperation. I began to sweat from fear. Was this a murderer? Who could this imposter be?

Looking at my surroundings I noticed a swarm of girls 100 ft away. They were and forming a crowd swooning at the player approaching them. I then realized I was alone. "Why am I the only one standing here? Am I the only one who wants Mike Trout's autograph!?" I overheard a girl scream "Trout" as she ran into the crowd of girls. I looked at the girls, then I made brief eye contact with the imposter in front of me. I then looked at my hat until I heard the fraud make a faint yelping cry.

I made a costly mistake thanks to baseball-beer goggles. I stood there in disgust at the odor of the man defiling my hat. He smelled like cigarettes and broken dreams; this grinning farce was vandalizing my hat and he seemed to struggle at signing his name. He kept dropping the pen, and began cursing at himself and randomly screaming "changeup."

The facts: A clumsy baseball player with no coordination, no fans, a fear of changeups..and is crazy? I fell aback when I knew his identity. This was worse than a murderer: it was an overweight bowling alley assistant-manager...Joe Blanton...My hat!!! 5 seconds of awkward eye contact ensued. Blanton's charade was over and he knew it. Instead of playing it off as a joke, he threw my hat at my head and sprinted into the other team's bullpen. The ramifications were immediately painful: "I'm now an owner of

authentic Joe Blanton memorabilia." He forced his autograph on my hat, it wasn't consensual.

It was the mark of the beast. My hat has become forever cursed bringing endless misfortune and suffering to the head it covers. Its bill is adorned with the numbers: "55." I struggle to share this story, but I do so with the hopes of sparing your life; I have come to accept my fate of eternal damnation. But this wasn't the worst part.

I hurried to my seat and rejoined my friends just in time to hear a little white girl butcher the national anthem: An Angels tradition. After the off note rendition ended, my phone buzzed: I had a Twitter, Facebook, and Text notification. The text will forever haunt me: "why aren't u wearing your hat? :-)" I quickly erased it, only to receive more and more. Opening Facebook and Twitter made me shriek profanity as I saw Joe Blanton request me to be his friend. His Twitter was barren, but he tweeted this 2 minutes ago: "Gave my biggest fan an autograph! :3" under this message was a picture of me.

I now live in hiding.