• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How long have you been a fan?

Mattyball1212

I think most here do not boo the players when they strike out they understand that is a part of the game. Now if you want to bring up grounding into double plays that will get you about 20 pages of comments.

Been a fan since late 1960's I would say started around '68.

Since the womb..   

I remember watching games from inside my dads testicles, just waiting for the opportunity to get a better view.  Don't really have many clear memories from those days.  It was all a bit murky.  Went to my first game in 1977 or 78 with my big brother.  Was really into it in 1979.  I was 10 and watched every televised game, and listened to the rest on the radio.

I can still remember how ginormous the stadium seemed the first time that I walked through the parking lot toward it.  My brother scalped tickets on the field level, third base side.  Words cannot describe what I felt walking up the tunnel for the first time to behold all of that green grass inside of a concrete building.  One of my favorite memories!

When I was in jr. high in the early 80s, I began noticing the Angels. As a youngster in La Canada, my older brother would get Dodger tickets for As on his report card (two per A and he was a straight A student) and rotate taking me or my other brother along with him. We had this whole game we would play tracking stats and stuff for the Dodgers. I was a big fan of Garvey, Cey, Lopes, etc. But my brother was 10 years older and gone when I was in junior high, and we'd moved to San Dimas where it was easier to get to the Big A. Most of the kids in school were still big Dodger fans, so being generally a devil's advocate sort of guy I began following the Dodgers. My social studies teacher in 9th grade freshman year was a huge Dodgers fan, and we spent a day in class the whole class listening to the radio the day the Dodgers were doing the unthinkable--giving up Steve Garvey. That was then end of following the Dodgers at all and the day I became a fully converted Angels fan. I also began following the Pads a bit as Garvey's new team. When I went to a few Angels game and watched them or listened to them on the radio, I always found them more exciting than the oft 1-0, 2-1 games of the Dodgers. The Angels either clobbered someone or more often got clobbered, but at least there was scoring. 

Edited by Michifan