• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto Fixes Problems by Creating Bigger Ones (Angry rant)

If he reverts to 2011-2012 form, then yes.

The worry is that 2013 is what he is from now on, and also that his off field issues will eventually affect his on field play.

So we look at Freese's 2013 but ignore the fact that in 2012 and 2013 Bourjos was unable to stay on the field because of injuries.

I agree. He's probably the best lead off hitter on the team behind Trout. He's well down the list when it comes to run producing. Some folks don't like the defensive routes he runs, but he's only a second year player. I think he can improve defensively, but I can't see him getting much better offensively.

I would rather have Iannetta bat leadoff.

And I'm shocked that a moderator could be so misinformed about this team. Walden was an All Star who had one mediocre season. We traded him for known broken goods. I'm not sure why you chose to compare him to Jepsen, because they have very little in common. You're also wrong about Greinke. I suggest you read up on what happened.

Actually, Greinke has stated that he wanted to hit. And who could blame him? He had a .788 OPS IN 2013.

And when every team has at least one All-Star representative, it's not a big deal to make the team. It only takes one good half.

Dipoto has shit the bed until that Trumbo trade. I believe that he is finally driving this team in the right direction, and I feel that's due to the cleared air between him and Scioscia.

You really believe that? I haven't put that together, I'd be interested to hear why you think that.

Shuck is not very good.

He's a below average defender and posted a below league average OBP and his SLG% is Willits-esque. He's a 5th outfielder who should see no more than 150 PA.

He put an OPS+ of 98, 2% worse than league average. That is excellent for a 4th OF type. Willits has a career OPS+ of 78, 22% worse than league average. The two aren't even in the same ballpark. Ridiculous!

He put an OPS+ of 98, 2% worse than league average. That is excellent for a 4th OF type. Willits has a career OPS+ of 78, 22% worse than league average. The two aren't even in the same ballpark. Ridiculous!

Oh I wasn't saying that they were the same hitter, just saying they are both low SLG% guys. 

Shuck shouldn't have a hard time outproducing Willits just because Shuck has pretty decent contact ability. I do think his defense hinders him from being much more productive. If he were even an average defender, he could probably be a 1.5 WAR guy. 

Oh I wasn't saying that they were the same hitter, just saying they are both low SLG% guys.

Shuck shouldn't have a hard time outproducing Willits just because Shuck has pretty decent contact ability. I do think his defense hinders him from being much more productive. If he were even an average defender, he could probably be a 1.5 WAR guy.

He can hit at a league average clip and his defense could be improved. He's exactly who I want as my 4th OF guy. With work on defense he could be very valuable.

He can hit at a league average clip and his defense could be improved. He's exactly who I want as my 4th OF guy. With work on defense he could be very valuable.

I hope you're right. His minor league numbers show that he can hit for a good enough average to make up for an average walk rate and below average power. It was encouraging to see his defense get better as the year went on last year but there were times where he looked like a guy that didn't belong out in the field. 

Is anybody actually against Shuck as a #4 outfielder? I think people are just scared about him taking at bats away from Calhoun, and possibly getting more than 150-200 PA.

This is where I'm at. 

Saying he wasn't very good might have been too harsh. Most 4th outfielders aren't all that good anyways. If he can put up a 1 WAR season off the bench, then that's fine considering we aren't paying him anything. 

If he is taking time away from Calhoun though, then I would have an issue with it.