• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto Fixes Problems by Creating Bigger Ones (Angry rant)

Most people probably preferred Bourjos as a 4th outfielder but I'm fairly certain part of the reason Bourjos was traded was to let Trout handle CF on a full time basis.

Freese filled a need at 3rd and with Bourjos being expendable, the front office decided they would make the deal and have Shuck as the 4th outfielder. I likes the idea of Shuck as the 5th outfielder but I can't complain a ton about it as long as he doesn't receive a ton of AB.

Where are people getting that he played better defense in the 2nd half? Is it based solely off of one catch?

Fangraphs has him at -5.7 Defensive value in the 2nd half and a -4.8 value in the 2nd half.

Are you guys just making up stuff now?

Honestly, I assumed he was better in the 2nd half based off of what I was watching. 

It wasn't just the one crazy catch he had. I thought he took better routes, didn't misplay as many balls and made some good throws. The statistics don't agree with it though so maybe I'm just clueless.  :)

Where are people getting that he played better defense in the 2nd half? Is it based solely off of one catch?

Fangraphs has him at -5.7 Defensive value in the 2nd half and a -4.8 value in the 2nd half.

Are you guys just making up stuff now?

On "my FanGraphs" you can't get advanced fielding by halves. So not sure where you got the numbers. I saw better routes the second half and fewer misplays. I watched 70% of the games.

Honestly, I assumed he was better in the 2nd half based off of what I was watching. 

It wasn't just the one crazy catch he had. I thought he took better routes, didn't misplay as many balls and made some good throws. The statistics don't agree with it though so maybe I'm just clueless.  :)

I think stats trump everything because they are actually facts and not judgement calls

Edited by Poozy

I don't know what the "def" stat is even based on. UZR & DRS are annual stats. Usually you have to look at a larger sample size for defensive stats since they aren't the best at this time.

Let's just say his defense doesn't improve, then I'm still fine with him as a 4th OF because his bat will play. Defense is usually something players can get better at, but hitting seems to be harder to improve on.