• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick gets NO RESPECT

edgur1995

15 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Actually he averaged 148 games from 2015-2017 ... let’s not even get into Andrew Heaney. 

Btw when he was traded there was no knowledge of the future ... if there was then he wouldn’t of been traded. 

math fail.  he played in 354 games from 2015-2017.  That's 118 per year.  including 2015, and extension would have cost at least 4/40.  Heaney has cost about 6m over that span.  Granted, the money saved wasn't used wisely.  Kendrick and Heaney were of similar value from 2015-2018.  With Heaney at a fraction of the cost.  

7 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Besides Trout who was a elite hitter on the team? I find it funny that people can’t see the importance and effect he had in our lineup. .300 hitters don’t grow on trees. 

neither do 6 years of 22yo top pitching prospects available in trade for 1yr of that .300 hitter at a fraction of the cost.  Again, you're also forgetting that they had no money to spend and had to figure out how to improve the rotation without spending a dime.  I don't think they really wanted to lose Howie.  In a perfect world they likely would have extended him and also spent on a pitcher.  It just wasn't in the budget to do so.  

Besides Calhoun stinking up the joint with the bat in 2015, something he still does well despite his fluke 30 plus home runs this past season, and Pujols being Trumbo-like with the bat in 2015, Iannetta was awful with the bat in 2015 after a very good year hitting in 2014. And then you have Joyce, who didn't hit at well with the Angels during his one year with the team. Of course, knowing the "luck" of the team, he's put up several solid years after that. 

3 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Besides Calhoun stinking up the joint with the bat in 2015, something he still does well despite his fluke 30 plus home runs this past season, and Pujols being Trumbo-like with the bat in 2015, Iannetta was awful with the bat in 2015 after a very good year hitting in 2014. And then you have Joyce, who didn't hit at well with the Angels during his one year with the team. Of course, knowing the "luck" of the team, he's put up several solid years after that. 

don't forget Aybar and his 81 ops+.  We also had the worst bench ever.  Taylor Featherston had the most at bats outside of our backup catcher.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Of course there’s knowledge of the future, it’s called decline and everyone suffers from it.  And no he didn’t average 148 games from 15-17, his most games was 146, then 117 and then 91 games.  

He also played 39 games with the Phillies and 52 with the Nationals in 2017. He had a off year in 2016 is all. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 11:18 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Blast from the past from AND. Wonder if he ever reads this site anymore.

What stands out to me in this post (and its not that he was wrong at the time) is how much baseball has changed. Literally in roughly 3-4 years.

Since roughly 2016 or so, what player whos 30 and about to hit FA is going to net you much of anything? I think it was tdawg who mentioned in here howie and aybar may fetch a haul of young SPs. Same thing. At the time that was probably right.

It literally changed overnight. And i think a lot of players and agents got caught off guard, expecting old school paydays.

Also..... man... grant green. 

I do, I just logged in after a long time, but I've been lurking occasionally. It's she now, not he 🙂