• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick gets NO RESPECT

edgur1995

Until the pitching staff and the MOTO bats gets their collective shit together, the game is going to be on the line far more often than one guy can make a real difference. Howie is not the reason for the season.  

My take is on Howie and Howie alone. I never said he was the reason the Angels have sucked or missed the playoffs.

I still like him and think he's a solid ball player.

Miguel Cabrera is at -1.56 for his career.

Robinson Cano is at -4.64 for his career.

David Ortiz is at -2.65 from 2011-2013.

Evan Longoria is at -2.96 for his career.

Buster Posey is at -1.57 for his career.

Why would anyone want these guys? They're not "clutch."

Those guys are all a bunch of slapdicks.. 

Need to sign more Jose Lindses and Willy Bloomquists

To whom?  

To anyone who needs a 2B still: Yankees, Royals, Orioles, Blue Jays, White Sox, possibly the Phillies if they do move Phillips, the Mets if they move Murphy, and the Dodgers if they don't play Guerrero in 2014.

Anyways, Howie has been a consistently above average player with the Angels. It's crazy to me that people criticize him for the sole reason that he didn't develop into the star player he was supposed to be. A 3 win player at 2nd base is extremely tough to find nowadays. 

For the people who don't like him, are you aware that he's been the 6th best 2nd baseman since 2011?

Anyways, Howie has been a consistently above average player with the Angels. It's crazy to me that people criticize him for the sole reason that he didn't develop into the star player he was supposed to be. A 3 win player at 2nd base is extremely tough to find nowadays. 

For the people who don't like him, are you aware that he's been the 6th best 2nd baseman since 2011?

You clearly need to watch more games. 

Tulowitzki is at -3.09 for his career.

Utley is at -2.65 for his career.

Jose Bautista is at -1.86 for his career.

all the guys u named are high profile hitters, usually hitting in the 3, 4, and 5 spots in the lineup and every opposing team has a plan to specifically get them out.  do you have any players similar to howie kendrick...you know like the fly on the wall type of player that no one in baseball gives any attention, yet they still suck in clutch situations.

all the guys u named are high profile hitters, usually hitting in the 3, 4, and 5 spots in the lineup and every opposing team has a plan to specifically get them out.  do you have any players similar to howie kendrick...you know like the fly on the wall type of player that no one in baseball gives any attention, yet they still suck in clutch situations.

Surely you can't be serious, right?

Apparently so. 

I think it's funny how the stats apply to everyone else but with Howie, it's about what you see in the game, not the stats. 

True but the stats also support the fact that he is a valuable player at a premium position too. That is why I sincerely feel he has good trade value and would net a good return if he were to be traded. Again I am perfectly fine with Kendrick staying. I just want to make sure we do everything we can to improve the team for next season and beyond. If that means trading Kendrick now then so be it. If he stays great!

I would prefer to keep Howie and Aybar at this point, but to be honest if they were both traded the Angels would have a pretty nice load of young pitchers to work with. I could see them bringing in 1 or 2 each.

But again the idea is to win now.

Well hell yeah.  If they are punting and saying, 2015 is our year -- do it, and don't look back.

comparing guys who command 20m a year, have all star appearances, mvp's etc to kendrick makes no sense.  show me players similar to him.

LOL...  So if a guy makes 20 mil a year -- but his clutch stats suck, it's okay..  Because they are making 20 mil a year and it doesn't matter if they can't come through in the clutch?

How short is the bus you take to the ballpark?

Edited by Inside Pitch

I really like Kendrick.  It's clear he is an extremely valuable player (Yep, I watch the games..) with a pretty friendly contract. 

However, I'd still be open to dealing him.  Mark Ellis could be brought in, and some combo of Ellis/Green/Lindsey would definitely hold the fort until Lindsey is ready full time in '15.

LOL...  So if a guy makes 20 mil a year -- but his clutch stats suck, it's okay..  Because they are making 20 mil a year and it doesn't matter if they can't come through int he clutch?

How short is the bus you take to the ballpark?

Huh?  I'm not the one who used stats to suggest howie is not clutch.  I clearly said based on watching games.  You might wanna watch a few before talking.

Stop making things up in your head and claiming I said them.