• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick for Michael Pineda & Vidal Nuno

Chuck

I totally forgot about Pineda.  Tough to count on that guy for a full season.  I don't see the Yanks doing that.  It could be really selling low on their part.  He would be a nice fit though with his fly ball rate. 

All reports are that his arm is 100% and was hitting 95-97 MPH with his fastball at AAA toward the end of the season.

Hey Doc, I'm running out of ideas, but I'm trying :)

All reports are that his arm is 100% and was hitting 95-97 MPH with his fastball at AAA toward the end of the season.

Hey Doc, I'm running out of ideas, but I'm trying :)

I'm with you Chuck.  I just think that teams are holding onto pitching like sweet death.  I like JD's hold pattern right now.  I would like to get at least one SP taken care of by the end of the meetings, but I think the that someone is gonna get a little more desperate for offense by the end of the offseason and we could have a nice opportunity.  If not, there will be a couple of guys left who overplayed their hand in FAcy.  I really think Ubaldo is going to be this years Kyle Lohse. 

I still don't like the idea of getting damaged goods.  It's just too risky.  We need as much of a sure thing as we can get.

Well having depth with injury risks is better than having no depth with sure things.

Having Pineda as a 5th starter wouldn't be a bad thing, but if we traded for him right now, we'd be counting on him as a 3rd starter.

Well having depth with injury risks is better than having no depth with sure things.

Having Pineda as a 5th starter wouldn't be a bad thing, but if we traded for him right now, we'd be counting on him as a 3rd starter.

I'd be more ok although not totally thrilled with that approach if we didn't have to give up an everyday starter from the offense to make it happen.   A couple of 1yr incentive based deals instead. 

We need at least one more legit starter though. 

That is kind of my point though.  If things were different for the team, sure it could be worth the gamble.  But the Angels are not in the position to take such gambles IMO.