• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick for Michael Pineda & Vidal Nuno

Chuck

Everyone praised and accepted Alberto Callaspo as a solid contributor at the hot corner for the Angels but dude was busted for beating his wife multiple times.

While an asshole, I don't think about players offseason shortcomings, crimes or charity work when they're up at the plate or counted on to succeed on the field.

Just like nobody was thinking about Pujols kind heart and Christian lifestyle when he was struggling at the plate for the first 6 weeks as an Angel. Same goes for Josh Hamilton.

I doubt most people would be pissed to have Miguel Cabrera on this team, a DUI offender as well. You have to separate the personal lives of these players off the field as fans watching them on the field expect them to do their jobs.

It still stuns me that we brought in a 3-time DUIer considering Adenhart.  Pineda would only add to that mess. Pass.

Freese only has two DUI arrests and convictions. The first was in 2002 when he was 19 the last was December 2009. It stuns me that you bring this up at random and never have your facts straight.

Freese only has two DUI arrests and convictions. The first was in 2002 when he was 19 the last was December 2009. It stuns me that you bring this up at random and never have your facts straight.

Read about the Thanksgiving crash.  It's super suspicious.  Not saying he was drunk necessarily so maybe I did jump the gun a little.

I really don't care, though.  The dude drove drunk for a 2nd time in '09.  He was 3x the limit and a 27 year old man.  This was 8 months after Adenhart and two others were killed by a drunk driver.  The fact that we brought him aboard is sickening.

Everyone praised and accepted Alberto Callaspo as a solid contributor at the hot corner for the Angels but dude was busted for beating his wife multiple times.

While an asshole, I don't think about players offseason shortcomings, crimes or charity work when they're up at the plate or counted on to succeed on the field.

Just like nobody was thinking about Pujols kind heart and Christian lifestyle when he was struggling at the plate for the first 6 weeks as an Angel. Same goes for Josh Hamilton.

I doubt most people would be pissed to have Miguel Cabrera on this team, a DUI offender as well. You have to separate the personal lives of these players off the field as fans watching them on the field expect them to do their jobs.

I wouldn't be happy to have Cabrera.  Also, maybe the Callaspo's of the world are why the clubhouse has been volatile and dysfunctional the past few years...

Edited by Scott34

Especially this team. Just totally disrespectful, in my opinion. I guess they really don't care what players do off the field.

I could care less what players do off the field, that is what our justice system is for. That was the same garbage people were spewing about MCab. I don't spend my money cheering players personal lives. I go to the stadium to escape the real world for a couple of hours and enjoy an evening of hopefully winning baseball.

I could care less what players do off the field, that is what our justice system is for. That was the same garbage people were spewing about MCab. I don't spend my money cheering players personal lives. I go to the stadium to escape the real world for a couple of hours and enjoy an evening of hopefully winning baseball.

This is a ridiculous way of looking at things.  Its funny too.  I bet if there was a member of the KKK on the Angels, you would want him off the team.  What people do and say off the field does matter.  Just be honest, drinking and driving really doesn't bother you that much.

It's always hard to comment on players that are injured or coming off injuries when I'm not a doctor and don't have access to his medical information, but I think Pineda is the right idea at least. I might be willing to take the chance if the market isn't that great for Kendrick, which is entirely possible.

It just doesn't make sense for the Yanks to move him.  He's a #2 starter if healthy.  If we were able to trade for him at lesser value, it's probably because there is concern about his health. 

NYY needs to find a solid closer as well as fill in two spots.  CC, Kuroda and Nova.  Then if Pineda is healthy, they can get by with one.