• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Pujols is Healthy in 2014

Stradling

.285/.350/.480/.830

30 HRs

100 RBI

85 RUNS

If he hits 30 HR in 150ish games, say 600 AB's, his slugging percentage will be closer to .520.

I'm thinking we're going to get at least one more .300 average, .370 OBP, .550 slugging (35 HR and 45 2B) out of him. 

I really think he stays in the 3rd spot for at least one more year, as well. 

Trout CF

Calhoun RF

Pujols 1B/DH

Hamilton LF

Trumbo DH/1B

Conger C

Freese 3B

Kendrick 2B

Aybar SS

or 

Trout CF

Calhoun RF

Pujols 1B

Hamilton LF

Freese 3B

Trumbo DH

Conger C

Green 2B

Aybar SS

or 

Trout CF

Calhoun RF

Pujols 1B

Hamilton LF

Freese 3B

Kendrick 2B

Conger/Green/Cron/Shuck/FA lefty DH

Iannetta C / Conger C

Aybar SS

What kind of stats will he put up? By healthy I mean no trips to the DL and he plays 150 games, some at first, some at DH. Here's what I expect if healthy:

30 HRs

110 RBI

95 RUNS

Second question is if he is healthy and puts up those numbers are you happy? I don't want this thread to turn into a bitchfest about whether or not he can stay healthy, this is assuming he is healthy, what kind of stats will he produce.

If he puts up these stats even without 150 games, I'd be happy. That would be the player that we (as in Arte) are paying for.

Uh of course we would be happy with numbers like that, but that's the problem with this team right now it's too reliant on expecting a bunch of dude's to turn it around or produce like they have never done before. 

I don't think he hits like that ever again though I'd say something like .275 25 90 if he plays 155 games is best case scenario. 

Despite playing on one leg for much of the season, Albert Pujols was projected to club over 30 HR and over 100 RBI for the second straight season with the Angels.

When Albert swings the bat, it reminds me of watching George Foreman box back in the 90's.  Not as crisp, everything looks slow motion but dear God, don't let one of those punches make contact with you because you'll be knocked out of the ring. 

Pujols' swing just looks lumbering and slow, but when he does hit the ball it jumps off his bat.  It's what I used to refer to as old man power, but Pujols is only 33. 

.280/.340 30 DB 27 HR. 

First year he probably was dealing with the pressure of his contract. He actually had pretty decent stats in the second half of 2012 once he got comfortable. Last year he was obviously injured. I think this year is when we really see what we have in Pujols if he is healthy. Especially if Hamilton comes around this year who was probably dealing with the same pressure Pujols was in the first half of 2012

in 2012 he put up 5 WAR in basically three months.

he can still hit be productive but he must be healthy. if he is really 100%, he will be elite again

I'd love nothing more than for Pujols to just come out and hit .330 with 35 bombs and a 1.020 OPS and shut up everyone who ever doubted him, but realistically that is very unlikely to happen. I, like many others, am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for 2012 and 2013. I mean afterall, his 2012 season wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was very good. I don't see any reason he can't at least match those numbers.

Modest prediction: .290/.360/.520, 31 HR, 39 2B, 100 RBI

If he could do that I would be pretty happy.

I'd love nothing more than for Pujols to just come out and hit .330 with 35 bombs and a 1.020 OPS and shut up everyone who ever doubted him, but realistically that is very unlikely to happen. I, like many others, am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for 2012 and 2013. I mean afterall, his 2012 season wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was very good. I don't see any reason he can't at least match those numbers.

Modest prediction: .290/.360/.520, 31 HR, 39 2B, 100 RBI

If he could do that I would be pretty happy.

If he put up an OPS of 1.020 then the guys back on the juice and if he gets injured and has a similar year that he had last year and the year before the guys an ex juicing dude. Either way I will not be rooting ever for him to do well. The guys an awful team mate and when he was out of the line up last year every one played better. I can't stand the guy. Arte loves him and so does Mike and for as long as he is here he will hit 3rd. I bet you its in his contract. Good riddance Pujols

If he put up an OPS of 1.020 then the guys back on the juice and if he gets injured and has a similar year that he had last year and the year before the guys an ex juicing dude. Either way I will not be rooting ever for him to do well. The guys an awful team mate and when he was out of the line up last year every one played better. I can't stand the guy. Arte loves him and so does Mike and for as long as he is here he will hit 3rd. I bet you its in his contract. Good riddance Pujols

Pujols isn't going anywhere for the next 5-8 years, so you should save your "Good riddance" for then.

I'm as frustrated by him as anyone, but we're stuck with him.

This is a terrible post.

Do you honestly even enjoy this team in any way, shape, or form?

Personally, I think the man has a burning desire to prove the doubters wrong and reward Arte for his faith in him. He's obviously not playing for the money at this point. I guess he was still on steroids in 2012 when he drove in 88 runs and hit 29 bombs in a 99 game stretch. The dude was playing on one foot last year and still hit .303 with RISP. I honestly don't understand why an Angels' fan would actually hope that any of the Angels' players performs anything other than at their best. I couldn't stand Reggie before he was here, or while he was here, but every time he came to the plate, I was hoping he was going to hit one 500 ft. As much as I hated the Wells deal, I hoped he would prove me wrong. As much as I was baffled by the Hamilton and Blanton signings, I hope they both come back this season and prove me wrong. As much as I hate the Fat Man and wish both he and Butcher were let go, I hope this team wins 100 games and he wins AL Manager of the Year. I don't see what enjoyment you get as an Angels' fan watching players underachieve just so you can say "I told you so."